Do you use your pda phone to keep track of purchases?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by birddseedd, Feb 15, 2013.

1. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

If so. what app do you use?

there are some out there that will export to different formats. even for quickbooks.

mainly to take snapshots of recipts. and enter data that can be put in as a purchase in quickbooks, is what im looking for

2. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Shoeboxed is a common one
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. birddseedd

I looked at that one. but im not into monthly fees. There are a couple other options. and im still looking.

one will export to quickbooks. you just have to change the accounts either before importing or after the transactions are in quickbooks.

the ohter options export to csv which i can run through excell to get it to import into quickbooks.

4. parrlawncare

parrlawncare LawnSite Member

I use the cash flow app, its very simple but there are more detailed apps out there to break down expenses.

5. birddseedd

Does it take images of receipts? Can you show me their website
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. wegomow

wegomow LawnSite Senior Member

7. birddseedd

8. H & M Yard Improvements

H & M Yard Improvements LawnSite Member

Did I understand correctly with all of these:"Add ons" (invoicing, emailing invoices etc) for this app are $30 each? If so, I'll pass!
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. birddseedd

10. birddseedd

what i have found thus far is this.

one applicaiton that seems to export to quickbooks very well without having to edit any files is below. there is a bit of setup. mainly you have to have a numaric value for the company creation time. (can be found by exporting a time sheet iif file from quickbooks). but you can import your qb accounts and lists which saves a big head ach. and it actualy works. also if you edit that file and have less than 10 accounts you pay from i think you could even get by with the trial version.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.itsabouttime.trial

for recipt tracking i am still looking. but for the moment using below. its not being developed still. but does seem to work quite well. since ill be using multiple apps (did ask for these features to be added into its about time) i might look at some other receipt cap apps that do not export to iif.

it will suck using multiple apps. but to not have to shuffle receipts and do paperwork

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobapps.srp

I have also created a couple simple spreadsheets that employees and contractors can fill out and based on that information IIF files are generated to import into quickbooks. im actualy kind of proud of it. my route is completely setup, all i do is check off the customers i service and i can import my whole days worth of work in a couple seconds (the only downside is it does not set a due date for the statement charge, a limitation of quickbooks but one worth dealing with for a free setup)

yep