Do you want to take Visa and Mastercard?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JimLewis, Apr 9, 2002.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Hey, I have found a great company for those who want to take Visa and MC for their lawn care or landscaping work.

Anyone can get approved, regardless of your credit history (only reason you might not be approved is bankruptcy.)

The discount rate (that's the rate they charge you for each transaction) is approx. 2.5% and will never increase. The monthly fee is like $10 per month.

You can get a regular terminal like the stores have or even better, get a secure internet terminal. Your $ gets deposited right in your checking account 48-72 hours after you process the credit card.

It's a sweet deal.

For anyone who's interested call 1st National Merchant Services at 800.396.5660 or visit them on the web at

The guy I worked with is Javan. He is the head manager. Ask for him. But if he's not there, anyone else can help you.

I paid like $250 to get all set up we were processing credit card payments 3 days after I turned in my application.
    Just thought you all might like to know.
  2. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Those fees are high... I got my merchant account several years ago and my monthly minimum is only $25, $5 monthly fee... 2.4% .30 per transaction. ( I have a per transaction fee because I don't use any hardware... I use gateway for transactions )

Also, I did not have to pay any upfront fees. Im pretty sure if I called them and asked for a % decrease I would receive one... I think 2.4% is a little high.
  3. JimLewis

They may be high if you have perfect credit and maintain a high monthly volume but for those who don't have perfect credit, have never had a merchant account before, and may not have a regularly high volume, this is a great deal.

I just put it out there because I have been looking for something like this for years. This is the first bank who offered me a decent rate.
  4. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

I got my merchant account when I was 21, I think..... ( its been quite a few years ).... I had little or no credit. ( I had always paid for everything with cash ) My buddy who is 19 just got an account and his rate is $5 per month, and 1.8%.

Its best to just check around... just make sure to check their fine print fees. ( charge back fees, etc. )

5. JimLewis

Oh, btw, for anyone who was interested in this. I just found my paperwork that details the exact rates.

2.25% = discount rate. $10 per month statement fee.

No set up fee.

$295 for imprinter and terminal.

They have a deal where you can get it as low as 1.5% but you would have to say that you are going to physically swipe at least 80% of your transactions, which isn't really true for our kind of business.
  6. creative concepts

creative concepts LawnSite Member

I just signed onto a merchant account through card service international. I received all my equipment today and am receiving rates that are 2.2% with a .20 per transaction fee and no monthly maint fee.

Let me know how you like your service and maybe we can compare after a few months. This way we can both use the best company.