1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Do you wave at the competition?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Full throttle lawn care, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Full throttle lawn care

Full throttle lawn care LawnSite Member

I don't but maybe I should start? Is this Biz kinda like a brotherhood?
  2. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I do even to the pr!ck$. Most I'm on good terms with, and we have referred jobs to each other when they are out of our service area or we are to busy.
    I want to grow my business, but there is generally enough to support the amount of companies in my area.
  3. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

I do,
    but I rarely get a wave back.
    I really don't care if they do or don't, I have my business going good and wont cave in on pricing, they do and they are suffering for it.
    Not really a brotherhood, unless you hate your brother.
  4. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a few good relationships also. Getting a lot of sub work for fert and squirt. I refer out of area bids to those who work with me.
  5. Daily Lawn/Landscape

Daily Lawn/Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Wave,even network with them. I have gotten work from other contractors like fert,/weed control because they don't do it. I think it's good for business. Because I talk with others I hooked up with a solo who is being deployed to the middle east for 14 mo.. While he is gone I'm helping him with his accounts, so when he gets back he still has his customers. It's a win win for both of us.:usflag: :usflag:
  6. beautifullawns

beautifullawns LawnSite Senior Member

I wave to see whos nice and whos stuck up. In my opinion the guys who don't wave back also have a bad rep with the other LCOs in the area that I talk to.
  7. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

i always wave its better than giving the finger some actually try and race me lol
  8. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I always wave and even stop when another LCO has stuck the ZTR in the sand or flat tire and cant get on trailer. You never know "What comes around goes around" Good Luck!!
  9. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

it's like cowboys and indians here .everyone wants to kill the other .lol . i have only 2 that like me .i had another until he didnt do his job and the owner called me for a bid and i got it .oh well .
  10. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm a new member just been on a few days but ive noticed most of you are from Michigan, Florida any ideas on that