Do you work 7 days a week?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JimsLocalLawn, Apr 30, 2013.

1. JimsLocalLawn

JimsLocalLawn LawnSite Senior Member

So my wife made a comment to me the other day that put chills down my spin. She said "Even God took a day off". I work 7 days a week 12 hours a day, even on rainy days I am working on equipment. We have 4 seasons here so I only have about 6 months of mowing, and gotta hustle to get it done!

I don't feel like I could ever get "burnt out" from the work because I enjoy doing this!

So how many of you are working 7 days a week? How much work is too much?

:dizzy:

2. Clippers PLS

Clippers PLS LawnSite Bronze Member

We never work sundays. Sometimes work saturdays if we are overloaded with work or get a little behind becausr of rain...but never sunday

3. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

same here.... we do 10 hour days and M-F is more than enough, but there is that occasional Saturday due to rain or whatever.

4. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

I wish there were 10 days in a week. I'd have 3 more days to work.

5. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

Work 6-7 days a week depending on rain. Every year i say no more weekends last about a week get behind from rain spend rest of the season fighting to get caught back up.

6. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Our season is way too long for 7days. I work the crews and tech to 50-55 a week during the growing season. Saturdays are for special projects or things that ran long. Sometimes I bring a guy to help me with repairs and detail trucks on Saturday. Florida is way too much fun to work all the time. They get good checks and I want them to have family and fun time.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Usually 6 days. Save Sunday's for relaxing, working around the house, or to make up mowing if i get rained out on a mowing day.

8. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

Depends on the "extras". Clean ups and one timers can mean 6 & 7 day weeks in spring and fall. Anything other than M-F is strictly voluntary. Sundays are getting rarer. A day to recharge and spend time with family is important.

Besides, servicing property while the customer is home is a mixed bag. While a great oppurtuniy to walk and talk, selling the extras and projects. It's seldom the quick productive "rain day make-up" we imagine.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

As bad as it is to neglect one's business it is worse to neglect one's wife and family.

10. smallstripesnc

smallstripesnc LawnSite Senior Member

I work Monday - Friday. Blades on at 9AM and I get off when I'm done which is usually around 5-7PM.