Do you Yazoo??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DSSinc, Feb 22, 2005.

1. DSSinc

DSSinc LawnSite Member

Any insight on the Yazoo/Kees brand?

I'm looking for a 32 inch deck to access those pesky fenced in backyards with 36 inch gates. I was leaning towards Exmark, but I stopped by an out of the way place that had a new Yazoo belt driven 32 inch deck for $1800.00.

I also heard that a 32 inch deck doesn't do as well as a larger deck when it comes to mulching? Myth or fact?

Thanks!
    Rick

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Rick,

Welcome to Lawnsite!!! Do yourself a favor and pay the eXtra for the eXmark.

If you would like or need a good deal more info about why, then please go to your user CP and enable private messages. I tried to send one and it was rejected due to your settings.

3. DSSinc

DSSinc LawnSite Member

Envy Lawn Service -

Thanks for the welcome.

Unless I'm missing something, I have it set to allow PM's. This site is setup just like Plow Site and I have the same settings over there.

Thanks!

4. Envy Lawn Service

Tried again, this is what I got....

ERROR

DSSinc has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

5. DSSinc

DSSinc LawnSite Member

Bingo! The last part of your message says that I might not be allowed to accept PM's. I just joined the forum last night.

Mr Sean, I need to have PM's enabled.

Thanks!

Rick

6. DSSinc

DSSinc LawnSite Member

Envy Lawn Service -

According to 1MajorTom on the FAQ section, I need to be on here a month and have 25 posts in order to PM. I don't remember if that was such on Plow Site because it's been so long since I was a Newbie.

I guess your comments will have to stay to yourself for now and I'll look you up later or you can post them for all to see on the board.

Thanks!

7. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

I demoed a yazoo this past summer and liked it a lot. I have not tried the walk behinds though, just the riders.

8. Doc_77

Doc_77 LawnSite Member
    from IL

thats what every one said to me when i first started asking about lawn mowers on this site.
    i took every ones advice and bought a brand new viking 36 hydro for around $5300 with tax. it last me 5 days :) less actually , it was broken when it was delivered .

just demo a bunch of mowers and pick what one you feel most comfortable with.

< edit >
    i just noticed your in chicago... if your planing on buying from Arlington Power. DON'T !!!

9. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Yazoo/kees 36 walk behind. Its a good machine, in my experience.
    I have ferris and encore equipment as well. all the american made commercial walk behinds are good. Price and service are the important factors. Service is not an issue if you do your own in house.

10. Envy Lawn Service

OK, I'll just put this statement "as is" and leave it "as is" without further comment.

No company in the green industry can possibly have worse factory service and customer support. Horrible! In addition, their idea of quality control is to pull 1 of 25 mowers produced, fully assemble it for Q/C, and check that one mower to see if tolerances are within specs. That just don't fly.

So... of the two mowers you listed, I think it would be in your best interest to invest in the eXmark. I mean sure, EVERY MFG turns out a lemon now and then.... and EVERY MFG allows a customer to fall between the cracks on service issues. But I think your chances of either happening are much less with eXmark.