Do your Customers come to FL in winter?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nelbuts, May 5, 2003.

1. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

Just wondering, how many of your customers are snowbirds? How many come to FL in the winter and if so what towns? Might be a way to do a little marketing here.

2. goodbeus

goodbeus LawnSite Senior Member

I've got 2 that I know of...during the summer, they go up north...one's in NC, not sure about the other(new client scheduled for 1st visit this week)...but during winter, they move back here to Jacksonville...;)

3. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

All of my clients stay in there primary residence year round. Mowing during the summer and snow removal during the winter.

Gravely_Man

4. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

ive got 2 clients that winter in their second home, ones in delray beach, not sure exactly where the other is, also have a client that owns some townhouses in destin right on the beach.

5. juststarting023

juststarting023 LawnSite Member

I have 9 customers that go to florida around october and november they all get fall clean ups off me and i love it cause when i fall a little behind in the fall i can bump them and my phone is'nt ringing off the wall why are'nt my leaves cleaned up?

I live in northeast ohio by pymatuning lake with lots of older snow birds up here and lots of seasonal people most of them tell me they stay in those retirement developments down there and i guess the owners sub out the work to lawn contractors down there. i do have 1 guy who said his lawn care guy is robbing him (cost to much) but hes a good worker and he likes him so he says thats a hard thing to give up he thinks alot of people down there are lazy its always been that way down south and i kind of agree with him (not saying any of you guys are !!!!) when i was in carolina i had people calling me left and right asking me if i found a job ? when i did i asked the superintendent whats up with that he said cause your a yankee they are usually hard workers !!!!