Dock/Pier surface mount lighting

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Richie@, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Richie@

Richie@ LawnSite Member

Hi Guy's and Gal's,

Anyone have a Line on Dock / Pier surface mount 12 v Lighting , trying to do some research on these type fixtures , thanks for any help.

Richie

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  2. steveparrott

steveparrott Sponsor

Richie, any of the brass lights from VOLT would be ideal for docks and piers (especially the Deck Light or others using the Surface Mount canopy).

3. Richie@

Richie@ LawnSite Member

4. Classic Lighting

Classic Lighting LawnSite Senior Member

Ritchie, I have been hesitant to install a pier system in our area. When noreasters and hurricanes come through, piers are usually submerged. Fixtures and connections are often submerged under the salt water. I have talked to numerous manufacturers and none have been able to confidently recommend a line. Give me a pm if you want to discuss more in depth.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Here is one from VOLT. Their brass bully with the scooped hood. I just stuck this in the ground next to my sidewalk. I was just playing around and testing it to see how much light it kicked out for deck and dock projects down the road as an option- puts out more than I was expecting. Not sure if it's the right profile for you though, or if you are looking for something that is a surface mount instead of having to drill out a hole in the dock.

Finding a waterproof fixture for direct immersion in salt water will be tough, unless finding a fully, potted and sealed, integrated LED, which, in that configuration is going to be tough to find.

Good Luck

Brass bully beacon reducedjpg.jpg

6. Richie@

Richie@ LawnSite Member

I searched the inner-web over two hours last night and didn't come up with anything , even searched Boat Dock Lighting and Nautical Lighting.

Thanks for the demo.

7. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

8. Richie@

Richie@ LawnSite Member

Thanks Brandon but those are pricey.

9. ledeez

ledeez LawnSite Member
    from nyc

Is this a salt water dock?

If so you're going to want to go with a spec grade product. Your client knows how deadly salt is so I'm sure they are prepared to lay out the bucks.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Yes, there is the Hunza version of the INTEGRAliter and one other. The other is IP68 but is powder coated aluminum. Not sure if it will stand up to the salt environment. Good thing is that it is relatively inexpensive and you don't need to core a big hole into the dock / deck.

I am trying to convince Michael Joye at Auroralight to produce a flush mount version of their compass fixture. Keep bugging him....

I have the last 7 new INTEGRAliters here at my shop... but their price keeps increasing with scarcity. :)
    Posted via Mobile Device