Doctors wife needs reality check

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pjslawncare/landscap, Sep 19, 2004.

1. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Im bush hogging subdivisions today, not because I want to, but because my schedule makes it neccesary to work on Sunday. The third subdivision I start on has two homes already built & the rest is weeds. I mow one of the homes on a regular basis, its a doctor and his wife in a half million dollar house. I get about 1/3 way thru it when she comes out to talk to me. She tells me that her neighbor/freind just cleened her patio because she is getting ready for company this next week and my bush hog is getting dust on her patio furniture & can I come back some other time. Bitting my lip to keep from telling her to go u know where, I tell her I cant as my schedule dosnt allow me to. She still asks why I cant just come back some other time. I tell her it has to be done because weeds are tall and there is an ordinance against weeds and Ive been instructed by the developer to cut it because they want to mark the other lots as well. She sais "I just feel bad for my neighbor though" and sits there like she expects me to just load my stuff and leave. I kindly tell her that I must finish (being as nice as I possibly can). She sais as she turns to go back to her house (I guess you just dont give a darn that she will have to wipe down her patio furnature again). :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
    Yea rite lady (Im thinking) poor neighbor may have to wipe some stuff and Im supposed to quite rite in the process of bush hogging, load up my tractor, drive all the way back home and reschedule for some other time. No way jose, the world dont stop because your neighbor is having company next week.
    fcl01 likes this.
  2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Should have told her that for $50 you would take a blower over and blow the dust off.

3. satch

satch LawnSite Member

PJS, way to go.I am sick of these rich people that think the world revolves aroud them.It is a good feeling though to lighten up their wallet if you know what i mean.
  4. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

HAHAHA, what is it with people these days? I don't understand why people would have the nerve to even ask such silly things. I thought it took brains to get where she is and living in a house like she does, but then she asks stupid things like that.
  5. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm proud of you I don't back down from these people either. I feel I have a job I don't feel they do and I'll be dammed if I am going to let some one who does not have a clue what I do for a living tell me how and when I should do it.
  6. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

She probably lives in a world where she gets everything she wants and is never told no...kinda like the Michael Jackson far away from reality.

Bet your going to be a topic of conversation when company rolls into town. If you could only put off bush hogging until then and give them something to talk about.

Tell the lady to "Have a Coke and a Smile"
  7. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

tell her you have a responsibility to do your job, and you are going to keep your word to the developer. If the neighbor has a problem, tell her to take it up with the developer, in the meantime finish your job
  8. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

You should have loaded up the tractor and came back on another day - the same day the b!tch was was having the company over. It's amazing how some people just think their sh!t don't stink. God sure must like stupid people because he made alot of them.
  9. stxkyboy

stxkyboy LawnSite Member

Youd be laughing real hard if she fired you over it, or better if someone had complained to the developer. Remeber who is paying your bills.
  10. STAN1366

STAN1366 LawnSite Senior Member

You could just take your blower over and blow the dust off before you leave if it's really an issue with the neighbor and this customer. For me, I never mow on a Sunday unless it's my own place and my neighbor's don't seem to mind. Blowing the dust off as a courtesy just might get you the neighbor as a regular customer. Sometimes you just have to stroke 'em a little.