dodge 1998 5.2 igition timing of 30 degrees

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by JCLawn and more, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Same here. None of my Dodge PCMs made it to 200k.

2. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

Its funny because everyone who should know just give me a deer in the headlights look when I describe what's going on.

3. JCLawn and more

from MI

So I am going to have to resurrect my chevy tonight. 1991 3/4 350 and its not charging and voltage is not showing in dash. Know where to start trouble shooting? Its a plow truck and this happened after it sat for a month after it snowed

4. Patriot Services

Diode or get a single wire conversion kit for the alternator. Owrongo auto parts should have an alt testing station.

5. JCLawn and more

from MI

Well I think its from corrosion from the salt. Its my plow truck. I just haven't followed the connections yet so I wondered if you knew what to look for. I don't know how it works yet.

6. Patriot Services

Just clean the plug on the side and the wire connection on the back.

7. Patriot Services

How did you make out with this truck?

8. JCLawn and more

from MI

Well I tried getting my chevy plow truck going so I can work on my dodge, that ended with a bolt breaking off in the block that holds the power steering pump straight so it throws the serpintine belt and had to get it hauled home with a dump truck. The dodge still misfires were it use to ping before I changed all the ignition stuff. As long as I drive it out of overdrive I don't notice it. Being that $$$ is a little tight this month and winter approaching my chevy needs some work on the trasfercase and cv axel, as well as u-joints and the plow pump needs new seals. So that's where my focus is heading now. Oh and tires.

9. Patriot Services

Hang in there buddy. I spend every weekend fixing broken stuff. You will reach a point when you can splurge and get a newer setup. Unreliable equipment can really make it hard to keep up with work.

10. JCLawn and more

from MI

Ya I try to stay away from buying cheap new stuff. My kubota zd326 has ran like a top in the 2 years I've had it. 1000hrs now. Next year will be the test. I know a drive shaft will be needed but I think that's it. I'd like to get a 12 valve cummins with a 5 speed 2wd for hauling trailers. Plow trucks are plow trucks. They get eaten alive by salt so I refuse to put much money in a plow truck ill be getting another one this fall. Early 90's f250 with a plow for some trade off work. So that will be added to the repair rotation.