dodge 1998 5.2 igition timing of 30 degrees

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by JCLawn and more, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

It should be on the legend sticker on the cover that tells you what fuses and relays do what.

2. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

Exactly. None say headlamp. I have 2 fog though

3. JCLawn and more

from MI

I pulled all of them. None shut it off. Now I did have a ground wire break from my frame to the battery now that I think of it. Could that be the issue?

4. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

Really, well, then GFL.

5. JCLawn and more

from MI

That's was the look the service writter gave me at the dealership when I was asking about it lol

6. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Not having a Dodge in front of me anymore isn't helping. Come to think of it, electrical gremlins are part of the reason I got rid of the two I had. If the switch is jacked I would start with replacing that.

7. JCLawn and more

from MI

Sooo my headlight wire melted at switch due to a short. In the process of obama rigging haha

8. JCLawn and more

from MI

I am reviving this page for an update. I finally figured out the issue. Autolite spark plugs. That was my issues the whole freaking time. I went to my friend who opened a shop and got a snap-on scanner and watched one cylinder misfire every time. I put these in when i stated this thread last year. I had some issues before changing them, so it didn't make a difference when i did. One plug was bad from the start. I didn't know it because when I took out to test it, it worked properly. Well it was shorting out when in the block. So for the past 30k my v8 had been a v7 and the other cylinders misfired every now and then. I just put bosch Iridium plugs in it and it is running better than I have ever had it run. I also replaced the pcv valve. I think that will help on my oil consumption.

9. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

That's good because I was about to tell you to pay someone who knows what they're doing to fix your truck.
    You know, my diagnostic may have been off but you did say you replaced the plugs in the SAME sentence as the rest of the stuff (cap/rotor/head gasket/wires) so that's why I figured firing order... 30,000 miles doesn't qualify.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  10. JCLawn and more

from MI

I bet $$$ if I took it to a shop they would not of figured it out right away.
    Posted via Mobile Device