1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge 3500 cummins advise

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by A. Marguglio Landscaping, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Dually00-00

Dually00-00 LawnSite Member

2. A. Marguglio Landscaping

A. Marguglio Landscaping LawnSite Member

Wow sounds like I'd be getting a good deal. Just wondering if I need the PCM flashed for and auto tranny and if there's a different harness for an auto
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Dually00-00

Just put another NV4500 back in the truck. The auto will not hold up if your going to use that dump for what it was made to do. You might get more life out of the auto if your just going to tow around a few ztr's. What are your plans for the truck?

4. A. Marguglio Landscaping

It would mainly be used just for pulling a few ztr's around, and a load of stone and topsoil here and there. Looked into a NV4500 and looked to be more money then i was interestred in spending.

5. Dually00-00

6. A. Marguglio Landscaping

Thanks alot! Still debating may just wait and find something that doesn't need power train work and spending a little more money. Might save around $8000 and try to find something decent. I've found a couple ford f350 with the 7.3 for around 8000 to 9000 so may take that route
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Dually00-00

Yeah if your not forced to jump into something wait to find your ideal truck.

8. A. Marguglio Landscaping

Yeah not forced just going to wait for the right one. Just hard because I'm 17 years old still in high school, only have a gmc 1500 to pull a trailer with two scag 61 ztr's and a bobcat 48 walker and my dad has a dump trailer but a dump truck or rack body would be ideal
    Posted via Mobile Device