dodge 3500 dully

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by D&F lawnmaster, Jan 20, 2010.

1. D&F lawnmaster

D&F lawnmaster LawnSite Member

Hey guys i have a customer that has a 07 Dodge Dully, 3500, diesal, quad cab, 14000 miles. They bought it just to pull their fifth wheel. But the husband die and now she wants to sell it for 17,000.00. I own a 09 ford f350 dully. Is this a good buy on this truck.
  2. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Buy the truck and resell it you could make a profit. Is the truck a 4x4 ?

And is the mileage 14.000 or 140,000 ?
  3. ropinghorns

ropinghorns LawnSite Member

sounds good if it is 4x4
  4. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Whats a dully? and a diesal??? :)

But seriously thats a steal for a 07 dually with the Cummins diesel!!! if its a 4x4...
  5. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

well kelley blue book shows this truck (im talking about stripped no power anything automatic 2wd) going for $25,115 in good condition so if its actually 14000 miles you would have a complete steal if you bought it for that
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  6. WH401

WH401 LawnSite Senior Member

At 17k it's definitely a steal. But, instead of buying it, you could do the honorable thing and tell her that it's worth much more than that. It's obvious that she may not have any clue to the full value of the truck, and I have no use for a person that would allow themselves to cheat someone out of a chunk of money that large after they've already been through enough pain.
  7. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Yes if you have a Guilty Conscience you should tell the person the truck is worth more than what they are asking.

I would because I would be bothered knowing that I bought the truck at a cheap price because the person selling it doesn't know prices.
  8. D&F lawnmaster

D&F lawnmaster LawnSite Member

I think that my customer made a mistake on this truck and she is a real good customer. I think i am going to show her that she did not add this rest of the stuff on the truck. I just can't let her sell that truck for that price. I might be wrong but i would feel better to show her about the extra options on her truck. If she still wants to sell it for 17000.00, then i would buy it. It does have 14000 miles.:usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag:
  9. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Good plan!!
  10. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

If you tell her and she still wants to sell it at that price, go for it.