dodge 3500 dump trucks

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by moores, Jul 20, 2008.

1. moores

moores LawnSite Member
    from RI

I was just wondering if anyone out there has one. Reason being I am looking at a 2007 dodge 3500 slt with the 5.7 liter hemi and do not see that many of them around my area. any feed back will be very helpful thanks

2. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

we have a 2007 dodge 3500 with the hemi in it and it has a service body on it.truck works really well. I am pleased withit. poor gas mileage with a dump bed on for sure

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

reason you dont see many is because most people dont use a gas engine with a dump body!!

4. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

yeh, thats just stupid.

5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

i was talkin about a dodge 3500 with the gas 5.7l hemi. I wouldnt even want to think of mpg of tht. My brothers 08 1500 with the 5.7l only gets 10mpg. with a dump yur takin prolly 5-6mpg

6. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

i know! thats what i was talkin bout!

7. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Depands on the use I guess. Our dump gets the fewest miles put on it.

8. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

we have an 03 F-350 dually dump truck with a 6.8L Gas engine in it, works fantastic, don't give a sh!t about the fuel economy, you don't buy a dump truck for good gas milage. try putting that dump body on a prius.

9. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Nothing wrong with gas pots in a 1 ton dump they save some payload and if you don't drive the truck much your not letting a expensive diesel sit.

As for a Dodge dump it will be okay if you put 2 shovel fulls of dirt in the box its loaded. Dodge only has one size of springs for their trucks it doesn't matter if its a 1/2 ton to 1 ton they use springs designed for a 1/2 ton.

Buy a Sterling 4500 or 5500 if you want a dump with a Cummins and super high quality Dodge construction :laugh:

10. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

there the same truck!!!!!!!!

but i wouldnt buy a gas 3500 neways unless it was an OLD one like a 94 gmc or something.. but i would just wait to get a cummins in it if you can...