1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dodge 4500 & 5500 trucks

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by qualitylawnmanagement, Jul 2, 2006.

1. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

Anybody here about this truck? Is it going to be in the pick-up style like ford has theirs or is it going to be how Chevy and GMC has theirs?
  2. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

After reading that article, it sounds like dodge did its homework! Can't wait to see them up close and I really want to drive one of them new cummins/6 speed combos!
  4. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

From the artical posted Dodge is building a cab and chassis 1 ton big whoop its still a 1 ton truck with a 12,000lb gvw no big deal.

Its taken Dodge 18 years to realize there is a market for cab and chassis truck. Would I buy a Dodge not likely if the cab and chassis is going to be like their cheaply constructed P/U forget it.

If Dodge wasn't riding on Cummins reputation they wouldn't have any truck sales what so ever. People buy Dodge trucks because of the Cummins engine and thats about it.
  5. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

that doesn't explain the number of 1500's I see on the road.....
  6. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

lol... did a dodge pass on an uphill grade gravel rat?? My dang ol dodges just keep ticking. 300,089 miles and gets run hard everyday. How do you mean they "fall apart"? Since you have never had one... how would you know?

Oh and Dodge has always made a cab and chassis truck... I have one.
  7. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Yep, can't wait to go get a test drive! I bet it will beat both GM and Ford.

BTW Gravel Rat on this one you really don't know what you're saying.
  8. northernsvc's

northernsvc's LawnSite Member

i still use my dodge 1500, thing is a workhorse 130,000 miles, that thing is always overloaded, it's 6 years old, still runs like it's brand new.
  9. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

I just bought my 2005 Ram 1500 V8, thing has amazing power. I love it. I want to keep it till it doesnt run anymore, which I imagine will be over 300,000 miles. My uncle has a 96 1500 Ram. Doesnt care for it at all and the thing keeps going, 185,000 miles. Dodges Rule!!!:weightlifter:
  10. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

i love our dodges and were looking at a used stake body dump one right now to add to our all dodge fleet. im not saying if we came across a great truck that wasnt a dodge we wouldnt get it but for now were set on our dodges