Dodge Cummins to get big power increase.

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by doubleedge, Feb 10, 2011.

1. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

Just keep in mind these newer diesels would cost upwards of 15k+++ to replace should something happen.

2. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

from the research ive been doing and talking to guys that have run spartans/sct for a while now and have had no issues. the motor itself is very reliable as Navistar learned their lessons with the 6.0L and built this one much heavier.

and as for Dodge touting that they dont need urea, that is really a load of bs. the urea allows the truck to put off needing to regen as often and regens just plain suck. especially if you plow and are running at lower rpm's or speeds. urea increases your mileage as well b/c of regening less often.

3. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

if you go to ford forums a few guys have said theirs blew up and ford refuses to cover it claiming they didnt do all the maintenance like fuel filters, etc. they also said its in the $25,000 range to change the engine. Ford wants $3,000 to change the oil pan in my 00' f350 7.3 powerstroke, now factor in the cost of that 6.4 engine and removing the cab!

wait until all of us "loyal" Ford guys band together in a class action lawsuit against ford for their de-laminating fuel tanks. my first cost $3500, and two years/15K miles later it did it again even thought it was the "new and improved" tank that I wasnt supposed to ever have to worry about again according to the dealer.

im sorry, wasnt this a cummins thread???