dodge dakato

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by A+ Lawncare, Apr 22, 2005.

1. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

any dodge dakato drivers out there? wondering on the difference or what an slt package means on an 2000 dakato extended cab 2wd? :sleeping:

2. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I know this doesn't really answer your question at all, but if you are looking to use this for work, I'd pass and go with a full size truck, and preferably at least a 3/4 ton, and even more preferably a 4wd.

I use to use a Dodge Dakota, and it didn't take long to realize I needed more truck. Ended up with an F-250.

It's kinda like buying a small trailer, only to end up needing a larger trailer a year later. Very common mistake.

3. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

I used to have a 98 dodge dakota sport. Sold it last month. Best decision I ever made!

4. Grass Busters Inc.

Grass Busters Inc. LawnSite Member

Now I have a couple different trucks, my first truck was a Dodge Dakota, quad cab, 4X4, V6. I love this truck, There is just something about the way it drives very fun, Nice stiff ride. I have used I for 4 years in the landscape industry. I have way overloaded this truck, pulled heavy trailers, ripped out trees and shrubs never have a problem with it(117,000 miles).

I will be honest, there have been times I wish it could hold more. My suggestions are, add a leaf in the back, get the V8, 4X4 (sits nice and high), drive responsibly, and you will be fine.

I have a F-450, Dodge 1500 (2003), Dodge 150 (1993), and the Dodge Dakota. Every opportunity I get I will drive the Dakota, Why? It's a fun truck, looks nice, and chicks dig It :cool2:

5. Grass Busters Inc.

Grass Busters Inc. LawnSite Member

Sorry, none of us actually answered your question? :rolleyes:

6. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

Seats, lights and trim.

7. A+ Lawncare

GrassBuster, i bet i know why u chose to drive that truck..... those gas prices are rising everyday and that lil truck gets great mpg compared to large trucks...... not that i doubt your not a ladies man.... got any pics of your dakato? post a few for us

8. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

v6 getting good mileage? ya right. Mine was a reg cab v6 and got 11 when I was taking it slow.
    [​IMG]

9. A+ Lawncare

i've always thought a v6 is better on gas, than a v8! i thought most commuters use v6 b4 hydro cars were made :dizzy:

10. gogetter

gogetter Banned

My '99 with V8 was terrible on gas. I thought it wouldn't be too bad since it was a smaller truck. I was wrong.