1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

dodge dashboards

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by ProMo, May 3, 2007.

1. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

About a 1000 miles after my warranty expired on my 01 dodge the dash started cracking and is now full of holes. I was finding others with the same problem actually to many to be a coincidence because most were from 01. A local news station is doing a story on the apparent defect and needs pictures if anyone knows someone with this problem contact scooper@local6.com here is one of the storys http://www.local6.com/problemsolvers/13227601/detail.html I am being interviewed for a follow up story and the reporter is taking all of the evidence to dodge headquarters

2. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

here is what it looks like now

dash.jpg

3. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Pretty common among 2nd generation dodges...

4. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

I'n no help, but don't you just love how things like that happen just as the warranty runs out?!?! I hope that you can get it fixed through Dodge. It's pretty cool that the new station is getting in on it. Good luck.

5. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I saw LOTS of those while I worked at a dealer.
    Good luck!

6. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Doesn't that say something about the quality of Dodge trucks :rolleyes:

Buy a few rolls of gorrila duct tape cover up the holes or try find a aftermarket dashboard.

7. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

My dash in my 01 Dodge 1500 did the same thing...just not to that extent!:rolleyes: Mine had cracks in it, so I put one of those dash carpet things in it. Oh well, I still love Dodges!:usflag:

8. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a 99 model and a friend had I think an 01 that cracked bad. I finally traded the truck off. Too many silly things like this was going wrong with it. I love the looks of a Dodge, Cummins, and most of the drive train, but seems like everything else was a pos.

9. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

The paint job on mine went bad. The paint is way to thin on them. It was going to cost at least $4,000 to redo it. Had to fix the ac also. Did that myself, it was a job.