Dodge Dealership

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by yard_smart, Jun 17, 2008.

1. yard_smart

yard_smart LawnSite Senior Member

okay .. . .

Background info . . .
    i mow for the local dodge dealership and did a bunch of landscaping work for them in oh i think late april . . . they said my budget was 2k so i did what i could and only spent 1700 so to get on thier good side. . . I was told that Chrysler was coming in in 30 days and to put something out that was pretty . . . so after i tore out like 8 bushes built new flower boxes and planted 12 flats of pansies and put down a "limited amount of mulch it looked pretty good . . . well the lot techs didn't water them and Chrysler did come so now they have beds with weeds and dead pansies. . . .

Back to the future.... :laugh:

I got a cal yesterday from the marketing lady. she wanted me to meet with her today so i did. . .

Got into the meeting and wow did she give me a load of quotes to do ....:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Replant flowers (she wants red canas in the back of the boxes, followed by yellow day lillys, with lambs ears, and begonias in the front ) sorry if i made any misspellings

then she wants me to quote staining the landscaping timbers

cleaning out a fence row (full of poison ivy) and a price to spray it monthly

adding more mulch and more top soil

and also putting in hostas and coelias

(also these things that are for my other companies)
    also a quote for sanding and painting the light poles

changing the lights, hanging new banners, pressure washing the building, pressure washing the concrete around the building
    and pressure washing the fence

okay i'll be honest guys im pretty new to all these plants . . . i know the biz end of things and how to plant but man all these names are killing me :hammerhead:

any help about ANYTHING WOULD BE GREAT!!!!!! :)

Here is what im working with

there are four beds accross the front of the dealership next to the road

Far left

[​IMG]

middle left

from the road
    [​IMG]

from the left
    [​IMG]
    from the right
    [​IMG]

middle right

from the road
    [​IMG]

from the left
    [​IMG]

from the right
    [​IMG]

main one with the sign . . .
    far right

from the road
    [​IMG]

from the left
    TRUCK IN THE WAY
    [​IMG]

from the right
    [​IMG]

REALLY NEED YOUR HELP ON THIS GUYS . . . . .

any help is welcome!?!?!!?!

2. yard_smart

Okay tomorrow im going to call and get pricing for plants and mulch and top soil

after that should i charge them by hour or figure up a set price like i do for a house wash in power washing?!?!?

im thinking this is gonna take me and another guy 3-4 days just to do the beds

3. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

IMHO the landscape timbers make the place look terrible. There not level and the cuts for the corners are a little rough. It would have been better to just use a bed edge to shape all of the flower beds to give them a clean professional appearance. I would just price each job individaul, based on how long it will take you to do just it. Hostas and Day Lillies will look really good there, and generally do pretty well with minimum watering.
    Staining the timbers will be pretty easy, just rent a paint sprayer and hold a piece of card board along the pavement to keep from get the paint on it.

4. yard_smart

should i say hey its gonna be xxx dollars per hour and this is how long it should take or should i give a set price? or just say its this much per hour i don't know how long its going to take ?

5. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

A set price, just estimate on the high side of how long it will take so your covered.

6. yard_smart

im thinking 3 to 4 eight hour days to re-do everything and then stain

so so close to 2 g's just for labor

7. yard_smart

does that sound about right then add in my mulch and al that other stuff

8. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Don't know can't see the entire property. A guess would be 2 days landscaping/clean up, 1 day on the lights, and 1 day on the pressure washing.

9. yard_smart

haha no way man i was just talking about the flower beds . . . its just me and one other guy . .. and i don't realy have any fancy equipment . . . i've got the mowing and lawn care thing down but im really starting to see potential in this landscaping deal $$$

10. the timbers are hurting the looks, get rid of them.