1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

dodge dovetail

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Accu-cut Lawn Care, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Here are some pictures if my newly converted 04 Dodge 1500 mower hauler.

dodge1500conv 005.jpg

dodge1500conv 004.jpg

2. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

can you get some more shots? i'd like to see the side angle, looks great though.

3. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Yeah, those pics were not very good. look in the Hustler forum under hustler limo or truck and trailers forum under Flatbed advice for 1500 needed.

4. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

Nice rig, I like the Z! How much did it run you (if you don't mind me asking)to put the dovetail on?

PHOTO STUDIO -Yet another use for Wal-Mart parking lots:) .

5. Accu-cut Lawn Care

$1600 so far(not counting suspension upgrades); but after the headache rack and underside boxes are installed, I'll be somewhere around 2g's.

6. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Can we get some pics of this setup in daylight? How does the truck handle the Z on the back? Would the truck be able to take that load 15,000 miles a year and be alright?

7. Accu-cut Lawn Care

I'll get some good pics tomorrow(I just got a new charger for my camera). There are some more pics in the Huster forum under Hustler Limo...and in the truck and trailer forum under flatbed advice for 1500 needed. Keep in mind they were taken before I got a heavy duty leaf spring helper system. It handles great.I've had it up to 85 mph and it drove fine. I don't think that mileage will hurt the truck. Physically scientifically speaking, it takes less work to move one z than it does to move one z, trailer axles, trailer frame...so on. I get around 17 mpgs hauling a mower with an easy pedal- And on my fast food chain account that takes me across 7 counties and 2 states, I'm saving a lot of gas money. Not to mention the fact that my useable bed size has doubled. Plus, it's going to kick a$$ to have trimmer racks on my truck when guardrail trmming season is back in swing.

8. Gran Sport

Gran Sport LawnSite Member

Are you able to drive the Z off the dovetail on to the trailer and then off? Or do you have to disconnect? I saw one where the front of the trailer was cut so he could drive up and on the truck from the trailer. Kinda cool. Love your set up

9. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I was thinking the same thing. I know for smaller jobs he would just take the truck. But on bigger jobs (more than one mower) can you keep the trailer hooked up and lower the dovetail to the trailer and then off load?

10. Accu-cut Lawn Care

On my 12' trailer I can load off the truck and onto the trailer..but it's kind of a pita. the truck and trailer have to be perfectly straight. This will not work with my 16' lawn care trailer because I have a box on the front of it. But really, there is no need for that...when I'm mowing big properties, all of my mowers fit on the trailer.