Dodge help

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Schrock Lawns, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Looking at this truck need something cheaper help me out all you dodge guys http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/3533903015.html
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

What do you want to know?

3. Schrock Lawns

Anything wrong with these trucks? Is this a good price that kind of stuff
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Schrock Lawns

Bump I need imput
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

I would say its solid. Getting up their in miles for that price but it is a one ton dually. I don't know what you plan to haul but I personally wouldn't buy a v8 gasser dually. Just my opinion.

6. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

goddddd, damitttttttttt...what is it with iMput, it is simply not a word

7. Schrock Lawns

Ok jbell what is your opinion on this truck
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. jbell36

from KANSAS

that all depends...i would say first things first, do you want a crew cab? would you put a hoist under the flatbed? basically, is the base truck what you are looking for or is it something you would settle for? for the price, probably ok...155 is high for a gas engine and it's obviously had some work done to it already but if you are prepared for a few future fixes then it honestly sounds like an ok deal...the fact that the lazy a$$ couldn't clean the inside ORRRR the outside shows me they didn't take great care of it, or cared for it in general...my first truck was a dodge gasser and it was nothing but problems, even after i fixed everything and had it ready to go it still had a bunch of issues with the next owner...

long story short, i wouldn't personally buy it, but the price isn't terrible...has a little potential with the flatbed

9. jbell36

from KANSAS

on second thought, take that red stripe off of it, clean it up, and build some side boards for the bed and that would be a nifty little work truck that wouldn't look half bad...i would personally put a hoist under the bed, if the bed would allow for a hoist, but it depends on what you are going to use it for...i would also replace the bed lights with LED's, it just gives it a cleaner/newer look as well as doesn't use as much energy and it's brighter..it's 4x4 which is nice, i would never buy a truck that didn't have 4x4

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  10. Schrock Lawns

I'd be using it for mowing and landscaping my ultimate question is was their anything wrong with this year truck or anything to watch out for?
    Posted via Mobile Device