Dodge owner needs help

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by qualitylawnpro, Feb 19, 2008.

1. qualitylawnpro

qualitylawnpro LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 07 dodge3500 4 wheel drive 6 speed stick 13,000 miles the problem i have is the truck has a noise a ticking noise sounds to me like an exhaust leak dealer said wasnt when u slow down u can hear it pushing the clutch in seems to go away dealer thought it was clutch then replaced clutch throwout bearing pressure plate noise didnt stop dealer hasnt sold any other sticks i was wondering if anyone out there could help me out truck is awesome tons of power runs great just has this ticking noise thats driving me crazy any ideas?

2. Indy Kyle

Indy Kyle LawnSite Member

Yeah, try using a little punctuation now and again. I almost lost my breath reading that.

3. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Turn up the volume on the radio.

4. Greenleaf Property MGT

Greenleaf Property MGT LawnSite Member

you might want to try this website it is mostly diesel but it might help,it is free and a very good site for info on dodge trucks. www.dieseltruckresource.com

5. fourbybud

fourbybud LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Is it a 5.9 or a 6.7?
    There have been some problems with injectors in the 5.9, and the 6.7 seems to tick a little more than the old 5.9.:usflag:

6. mudwisr2

mudwisr2 LawnSite Senior Member

x2

Great site. I use it all the time.

7. qualitylawnpro

the truck is a 6.7

8. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

try turbodieselregister.com they will tell you the problem

9. treemover

treemover LawnSite Senior Member

I have same truck but 5.9 i mine. Asked dealer and checked a few other sides and the noise or tick you are hearing is the injectors. They call it injector rattle.
    But an additive in the fuel, or something to lube up the diesel a little more and the noise will go away or at least quite down.

How do you like that 6.7?

Good luck

10. qualitylawnpro

i love the truck tons of power pretty good mileage 19 hwy and 12 pulling trailer. Ihave always added stanadyne fuel additive.Truck is going to dealer tomorrow.They told me they had ordered parts for it what i dont know?