Dodge ram 1500

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by EJD Lawnpride, Nov 11, 2007.

1. EJD Lawnpride

EJD Lawnpride LawnSite Senior Member

My chevy silverado w/4.8l was totalled in a car accident on monday. I bought a 2001 ram w/ 5.9 l and 3.66 rear. I finally hooked my trailer up to it today, and boy was i surprised. The truck didn't even feel like it was pulling anything. Do any of you have dodge and if so what do i need to look out for? I love the truck so far.

2. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Fuel MPG!! Dodge's get the worst gas mileage, my 99 w/ 318 only got 11-12 city and 13-14 highway. Pulled good, really miss the truck.

3. EJD Lawnpride

EJD Lawnpride LawnSite Senior Member

I know the fuel will be an issue,I'll just add that to my price increase next year. So far, not as bad as i thought it would be. I'll see this week w/trailer hooked to it.

4. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

it will start fallin apart bad soon.. the did somethin different with the early 2000's and they werent lastin very long. and tranny.

5. JG Landscaping

JG Landscaping LawnSite Member

My 2004 ram w/ hemi has been a great truck so far. I get 20-22mpg highway. Good luck with yours.

6. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Total BS. No dodge V8 can get that, let alone the hemi. The 3.7 V6 is only rated at 15 city, 20 highway.

7. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

trans is the main issue with the dodges, and the fact that they love the gas as stated, other known problems include the trac bar, makes the front feel like garbage, and the intake plentum gasket tends to blow out. other then that they are decient trucks.

8. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

the front end will fall apart (just did mine over the summer) the drivers seat will fall apart, the ignition coil will crap out and the bearings in the rear end will go, and ive only got 80k on mine and has been very well miantianed

9. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

the seats because you slide into the truck instead of getting in like a normal person, lol the two i own are a 98 and a 99 and neither of them have ripped seats, havent had any problems with coils, or rear end bearings going out. i also had a 1998 1500 with high miles and never had these issues.

10. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

seats are not ripping all the foam is falling out. evryone else is know around here has the same issues.