1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Dodge Ram 4500/5000 Heavy Duty Chasis Cab

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by jtkplc, Feb 9, 2007.

1. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

2. turfquip

turfquip LawnSite Senior Member

Wow! Nice...

I'd set mine up with the longest wheel base, 5500 chassis, 4X4, crew cab, manual tranny, SL 145 swaploader.

We looking at around 80K :hammerhead:

Actually, I'll stick with my ten year old class 6 for now but it is nice to dream...

3. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

It's great seeing a HD Dodge cab and chassis. The looks and the specs are awesome. Next year I'll have one parked in my driveway.:usflag:

4. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

I do not care what anyone says but i think Dodge is adventually going to do better then Ford and GM. Dodge really seems to be coming out with some good vehicles.

IMO Ford and GM really only have their trucks going for them. Besides the mustang, there are no exciting cars out there. Dodge seems to keep on making some interesting cars that people can get excited about.

I am really excited for these trucks. I love my 05' cummins. The cummins is the best desiel engine out there. I am sure dodge worked out all the bugs on these trucks since it took them so long to release it. Weren't they already being sold in mexico and other places?

Matt

5. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

We will have to see how well Dodge does they were never known to produce a good cab and chassis truck.

The only think Dodge has going for them is Cummins if they didn't have that I doubt people would be buying Dodge trucks.

Tow truck service is the toughest on a truck if the tow truck guys don't snap the Dodge frame in half the truck should be proven.

6. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice. Got to shoot this over to the owner. Were in the market of switching from Ford since they kind of ****ed him over on his F550. Blown Engine at 35K and wouldn't cover anything, after paying that off torque converter went.

7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

From what a dealer told me, they have been using the 6.7L in millitary applications for 3-5 years or so. I still would give them a year or 2 to get the bugs worked out of them. The 3500 chassis cabs drove very well and had grea power even in the upper gears. I was kinda surprised. I am wondering how the new 6 speed auto they are introducing is going to perform.

8. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

From what I've read so far by those who own them, it's an unbelievable tranny.

9. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

Mopar or no car baby!

10. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

What is up with you and dodges? Did one beat your 1979 F450 up a hill one day?

I love my dodge cab and chassis truck. It has 240,000 and hauls everyday. Hell I hauled 4000lbs in the bed yesterday... hardly knew it back there. These trucks won't die. Overloaded daily and they just keep cummin.

Gotta love the new exhaust brake for these trucks... now ford and chevy will have to catch up!