dodge v10

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mower&more1986, Sep 28, 2007.

1. mower&more1986

mower&more1986 LawnSite Senior Member

NOT THAT IM GOING TO GET ONE but just want some opinions.
    heres my opinion nice motor when running good parts hard to find and expenssive. never would want one with the auto tranny only manual.
    and yes the fuel mpgs is horrid

2. mower&more1986

I have a neighbour that has one nice looking truck but isnt driven often

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

What the heck was the point in this thread???

I have a '98 Dodge V-10 Automatic 4x4. Transmission is still solid as a rock, and yes I know there's issues... I'm not skimping on the tranny services, every winter it's getting a flush and a new filter (expensive too, because they use synthetic trans. fluid). As for the fuel economy. Well, pulling a 20' trailer, plus the truck hasd a dang heavy dumpbed, which is usually loaded with grass, I checked a couple weeks ago and got 5.82 MPG! Was at half a tank (like a 35 gallon tank) and had traveled 99 miles.

Other than that I really love the truck. It's reliable, comfortable, and pretty good looking too.

4. mower&more1986

5. mower&more1986

6. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

I like the motor for what it is. Just like the 8.1 chevy it's a cheap engine that will pull whatever you throw at it. Obviously I am a diesel guy but I still get a kick out of just shoving a big block in something. I'd rather have one in a viper, though. (or the 8.1 in an f-body)