1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Does a Class A CDL automatically include Air Brakes?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by 4 seasons lawn&land, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Duffster

Duffster LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

Air is included.

2. Duffster

Duffster LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

Air isn't an endorsement or an endorcement.

NY isn't different here. All the states are the same.

3. Dan85

Dan85 LawnSite Member

Congrats on passing!

Any tips for those of us about to take the driving test? I have the permit, but haven't had much drive time. I'm hoping that once we slow down in the fall, I'll be able to get out on the road more and get some practice in.

4. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

thanks. getting the right instructor is half the battle or more. I got the right guy the first time around which I was due for after what I went through for the regular drivers license 6 years ago. The study book from dmv definitly over prepared me for the walk around, this guy didnt have me do half of what I was prepared to do but thats subject to the person you get. And I watched some you tube videos of walk arounds and air brake tests, that was helpfull. I practiced backing up the trailer at my old school for an hour. I dont have a big trailer with air brakes so that was the only practice I got. I would have done more. I got 15 points marked off by the end and your allowed 50.