1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Does Any Body Use Toro Commercial ZTR's ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Phil Egnatz, Jun 8, 2002.

1. Phil Egnatz

Phil Egnatz LawnSite Member

I Am Demoing a Toro ztr zrt250 i think i had 30yards to cut and i usually use a walkbehind i thought i would take me the whole week end i got it done in 4 hrs god i wish i had $7600 to buy it though the coolest thing is the Z Stand and The cupholder LOL
  2. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Run away from this mower...and run fast! I own one and thgouh it has been reliable...the cut quality in tall grass is terrible. This mower sends all cut grass to the front of the deck then out the chute insted of from blade to blade first.....if 4 inches of grass is cut off....your grass blades coming out the side are 4inches. You have to cut most lawns in the spring 3 times to get them to look as nice as my new dixie chopper does in one pass. I know several other z master owners who also really dislike there machines quality of cut!
  3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Forget the Toro, I had one and it had a terrible cut. The SFS deck cut worse than any other deck I have ever used and plugged constantly in tall, wet grass. I replaced mine with a Dixie Chopper.:D
  4. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

We use one with the 62" sfs deck and mowing at 3.5" even in wet grass it cuts great. But I still like the Exmark better.
  5. bart may

bart may LawnSite Senior Member
    from montana

I have 4 44" sfs decks on my walkbehinds and that is why I love them. They throw the wet grass without clumps. You do have long clippings that come out but at least your not dealing with clumps, besides as soon as we're out of this spring growth you shouldn't have near the clippings to deal with. I just am experimenting with doubles and that seems to solve the problem of having long clippings. I love the decks especially in the rain.
  6. we got two zmaster 100 series this spring one with 23 kohler one with19 horse kaw an we like em not as good as dixie but they cut and stripe pretty good on our grass types
  7. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Ive had my 62" 25hp Z-Master now for 3yrs and it cuts very well, infact i purchased this unit just for cutting the wet grass which the dew hangs on down here in southern IN untill around 1 oclock, thats the purpose of the SFS deck wet or damp grasses. I plan on getting a new one next season,very happy with the Z-Masters Marks Mowing Service