Does any manufacturer make...

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC, Oct 17, 2007.

1. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

A self-propelled dethatcher that also has a catcher for the debris as well? From what I've found it seems like one or the other.

2. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

OOOK is that a no?

3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

classen i think, and i have one for sale its not self propelled but i will give you a DEAL on it. its been used about ten times looks brand new come get it.

4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Bluebird used too... I never rented one personally, but I heard from several people that did that they were a total waste of time. If they weren't clogged up you were having to empty the bag every pass of two.

5. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

BrianDennis1470, Check your private messages.

6. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

Well that's not too promising then............
    Thanks for the reply though. I know Bluebird made/makes a model (PR22) that has a collection bag, but as far as I know I dont think they had a self propelled model with a bag too. I could be wrong. I'm still not sure what would be the bigger advantage. I can either push the things around like I always have, which is a lot of work while emptying the bag every pass or so. Or I can have one that is self propelled but I still have to clean up the debris after. In years past I have just used a mower with a bag to clean up the thatch debris after. Really even if I have to empty the bag on the power rake often, it's still the same amount of debris that would have to be picked up anyway so I figured why not just do it in one step. At the same time I can see how they probably clog up before the bag is very full as there's not the air flow like with a mower and also it might be really hard to push it with a bag full of debris.

I really wish someone made one with both features. I'm sure someday it will happen. Probably right after I buy one with only one of the features. :cry:

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Toro made a sit down one with fingers:cool2: Look at there golf stuff.

8. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

Thanks John I'll take a look.

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I dont know if they make it anymore.They are out there used.

10. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

Yeah, I just checked their website and it looks like they currently only have the tow behind models. I'll have to keep my eye out for one of the used sit-on style ones you are talking about.
    Thanks