Lawn Care Forum banner

does any one have/use a burr king x400 or Oregon belt grinder blade sharpener?

11K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Ilikestripes 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a burr king x400 and then found out they sold their mower section out to Oregon, well I need the blade attachment and its not available through Oregon and they want $750 for it from burr king. I was wondering if someone could sent me pictures of the bottom "table" assembly so I could see about making my own. I can't believe this happened, I was trying to upgrade and ended up getting shafted! Based on their YouTube I thought I was doing something rite! Thanks for any help.
Posted via Mobile Device

#2 ·
(Airplane noise with spoon and food in it) Go to www.google.com and search for "burr king x400 blade sharpener"

#4 ·
#7 ·
Burr King didn't sell their "mower line" to Oregon. Oregon is marketing two belt sanders for Burr King, the X400 & 760. We bought an Oregon branded 760 from our local distributor & love it. We saw it at the expo in Louisville & fell in love. That machine has transformed our shop. The quality & speed of that machine is unreal. I'd recommend the 760 to anyone. I can't imagine that the X400 is too bad either.

#8 ·
Ya, I just got the issue resolved through burr king, they are going to take mine back and get me into the Oregon model and they were very helpful, personal and understanding. She did tell me that a x400 may not be big enough for me, winchester, how many blades a day do u do and how many blades can you do on one blade?
Posted via Mobile Device

#9 ·
I went with the 760 from burr king before the Oregon deal. I chose the 760 mainly because the machine has been being made for like 60 years. The only new thing is the blade table. Also the longer belt should last a bit longer. We had demoed the 400 before ordering anything. For commercial blades there is nothing that comes close to the speed of these things. It makes it a joy to sharpen blades.

We do not use it as much as some shops would so it will take a while to pay for itself but its worth it. I would say 50-100 blades can be sharpened before the belt is done.

#10 ·
Those of you that have Burr King blade grinders... I would like one but they are out of my price range, are the less expensive belt sander/grinders an option? will they work with a belt speed of 4,400 instead of 8,000 like the Burr King. just looking at my options. Give me your input, Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.