1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

does any1 do this

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ronslawncare, May 26, 2001.

1. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

take picture of trees and shrubs at nurserys .then show pictures to customers.anyone know if they allow you to do this at a nursery..
  2. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I do. Thank God for digital cameras. If I ever get the time I'm going to make up a catalog of plants that I can show perspective installation customers. The Nursery I deal with welcomes me taking pictures 'cause they know they're going to sell more plants because of it.
  3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

no, but thanks for the idea. im going to start. Im sure they will let you. Explain to them why if they ask. They would be dumb not to.
  4. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

I just have a book with the shrubs needs/likes/dislikes listed and pictures.
  5. Ocutter

Ocutter LawnSite Senior Member

I do too. Then I put them through my computer scape program and the cust. sees the plant and the application. Works well!
  6. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

You would be welcome to at Salisbury.
  7. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I take pictures of shrubs quite often with my digital camera. Most books io have found with pictures od shrubs dont have any weeping varieties or topiarys.
  8. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

ohh thats good ive been embarsed to do it ive been driving aroung takeing pictures of residentials and commercial designs but its not what i want to show my customer because i didnt do the work .thankyou for the replys ill be going down tommorrow with a camera to my nursery.
  9. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

buy a shrub and tree dictonary, it has everything you need in it. if it needs full shade, sun, how much spread, how tall, colors, ect...... i bought mine for $90, over 15,000 trees and shrubs, over 6,000 pictures