Does anybody have ADD or ADHD?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Mowtown Mike, Dec 21, 2006.

1. jnewton

jnewton LawnSite Member

In my reading about ADD stuff, I read that many adults are diagnosed only after taking their kids in for ADD treatment. They go to the child phsychologist or doctor, and the doc says to them, "So, which one of you has ADD?" Or the parent tells the doc that they've been taking the kid's medication for a few days, and it really seems to help them, and what's up with that?

It seems that most everyone with ADD has a parent with it. Mine was my dad, never diagnosed. But it makes sense now. He was never on time, never really organized, always in some kind of minor bill-paying or paperwork trouble. But he was really outgoing, very enthusiastic, and willing to do just about anything anyone asked of him.

ADD can be a real gift if you can overcome the bad stuff. Your job choice has a lot to do with that. Moving is good. Physical movement is good. Constantly changing scenery is good. Deadlines are good. That kind of stuff.

2. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

I don't have ADD, I have SUBTRACTor is it MULTIPLY, maybe it is DIVIDE!

3. PCLL

PCLL LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I'm 32 and I have it but I did something about it and met with a Dr to get on meds to help myself. I take adderall and it has literally changed my life. I get it done and then some. Its inexpensive and once you're able to eat and sleep right after taking it (take with food) you'll wonder why you didnt try and help yourself sooner. :hammerhead: