does anybody have the new style Convertible

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John Gamba, Nov 8, 2006.

1. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

mower in or around Connecticut????????

2. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

John, I spoke to a dealer around here who had them a couple of years ago and he said that the company has been sold a few times and they were not a good mower. They had it for a week or so and he said the cut quality was very poor and it was kinda a PITA to operate. I know you and I had some questions around the same time a few months ago about these mowers. I actually got in touch with a sales rep and their company now was, "something distributors" They sent me a brochure and the prices to me were a little high,(a 25hp Kawi set up was almost 8k) plus attatchments. I would still like to try one out to see for myself. Let me know if you heard or hear anything different, thanks Brian.

3. John Gamba

from ct

Brian
    I got a call in now for pricing, i have heard my self that the prices where high but i would like to try the new style one.

There's no dealers in Connecticut anymore:cry: but i will track one down and let you know.

John:waving:

4. John Gamba

from ct

Brian

I got the price sheet. Its not bad if you figure what the mower will do, being able to do it commercially is another thing.

30 hp Kohler 61" deck 24-12-12 tires is 7975. the 22hp Kohler 52" 24 10 tires is 7225. I don't know you tell me.

5. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

If its so hard to find one... where will you get them serviced at?

6. John Gamba

from ct

they say they will work with a repair facility in your area. I can work on the mower my self since it's what i did before cutting with one.

7. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I don't know John, those prices seem to be a little lower than I remember. The one that stuck in my head was a 25hp Kawi with a 60 or 61" deck and it was almost 8k. As far as holding up to commercial use, I think they are a stamped deck with very little re-enforced areas BUT I could be wrong. I'm sure their not built like an Exmark or Scagg etc. If you don't have a number I can get one for you to talk to a sales rep. and maybe he can set up a demo. The guy I talked to said he will set one up for me in late April.

8. topdog

topdog LawnSite Member
    from indiana

i have an older one 18 horse 48 inch deck. it is great for gates, small yards, & hill sides. that being said i don't think it can quit take the abuse over 8 hours a day 5 days a week like my exmarks do. but if u have a specific need for one they are great. one other thing will warn about is the throttle cables kinda suck. do to the arm flipping back to convert to walk behind mode wears them out it seems. i think i have replaced 4 cables this year on it. other than that 3 years with the mower no major complaints. just usual maint issues.

9. John Gamba

from ct

They are allot better built now. Thank you for your reply:waving:

10. John Gamba

from ct

Brian

This is Cathy Scott's price page, i got it today. The 25 kaw 61" deck is 7545 with 24 12 12 tires.

From what i know the decks are fabed. blade speed 18500, 13 mph forward and revers.

I think this is with the big air cleaner:) .