Does anybody know?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Paul Andrews, Jul 31, 2001.

1. Paul Andrews

Paul Andrews LawnSite Member

Does anybody know if John Deere is buying Wright Stander ? PLease tell me this is only a rumor and its not true . I think if Deere got a hold of them they would ruin the mowers by putting Deere all over them.

2. BerksLawn

BerksLawn LawnSite Member

Im pretty sure that its only a rumor. Deere might not ruin the mower because they bought out Great Dane and the Great Dane mowers will still be the same next year and the Deeres wont.

Steve

3. GrassChopper

GrassChopper LawnSite Member

John Deere does own Wright. They will not change the mowers to Deeres.

By the way, have you seen the new Wright Centar???

Awesome!!!!

4. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

I demoed a Sentar on one of my properties. If you have long legs like I do, 6'3, you will have trouble with your left leg constantly smacking the brake lever. Not fun, poor design there. It was hard to feel comfortable sitting on it. I felt like I was going to fly off the back at times, when you would bounce a little on rough ground the weight of my feet would come up off the pedals, thus causing the mower to cut in and out with the safety device on the pedals. I guess I would have to use it longer to maybe get used to it. but I just didn't care for it myself. I'm sure some will and it will have it's uses but most likely, not with me. Sorry it's a little off the original subject.

5. Wright Mfg

Wright Mfg Guest

GrassChopper- It's people like you that keep false rumors going. If you were repeating a rumor, that's one thing, but you say it as though you know it to be a fact. Where are you getting your false information?

The "Fact" is that Deere does NOT own Wright and never came close to owning Wright.
    We are not for sale.

6. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Phew!!!

That was close!!!

7. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Glad you stepped in Wright Mfg... I wish more companies cared to interact with the turf community.

Chuck Keough

8. GrassChopper

GrassChopper LawnSite Member

Gee sorry Mr. Wright, I was told that when I bought my 2 Wright Standers. The owner of the John Deere dealership told me that.

Thanks for clarifying the issue Mr. Wright.

And thank you for being so nice to a guy who just spent over 10,000 dollars on your products.

9. Bill Wright

Bill Wright LawnSite Member

On behalf of Wright Manufacturing I am sorry for the reaction that one of us here had to the rumor. In his defence, we constantly have a hard time dealing with the rumor mill but I think his answer was quite harsh. So on behalf of our organization, I'm sorry. We'll tone it down in the future. Wright Manufacturing, Inc. is indeed an independent company and intends to remain independent.
    Take care and happy mowing,
    Bill Wright

10. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Welcome to LS Bill.

Your reply is spoken as a businessman, and gentleman. I look forward to seeing your input on how your products can benefit our endeavors in the future.

Kris