1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Does anybody make a zero turn style bush hog?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ealbertson, Sep 25, 2004.

1. ealbertson

ealbertson LawnSite Senior Member

Do any of you know of a zero turn style bush hog? If not, what tractor can you suggest that would handle a six foot bush hog well but not be so big as to be a pain hauling around. I use a 1950 Farmall C right now which is about worn out and uncomfortable at best to use.
  2. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Hustler did a while back. Called the short hog. I have only seen one.
  3. thill

thill LawnSite Member

Bobcat make one called Brushcat.... it looks pretty cool but the mowing deck is forward of the operator.... talk about eating dust.

Do a web search for brushcat or go to www.bobcat.com.

4. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

get yourself a john deere 5210... ull never use anything else once you own one.
  5. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

My question is why do u need a zero turn bush hog? I bush hog all kinds of places with my 6' woods brush bull. I do newly developed subdivisions, road fronts, field, heck I even got it in a fenced in 120' x 40' over grown yard the other day. The tractor I have is a 2001 MF 1260 compact 4 wd. I can back into most tight spots and manuver around obsticles with ease. I do wish for a little more power at times though. It has 38 hp.
    I did see a rig a while back that included a skidsteer with a rotory cutter in front where the bucket usually is. Seems like a manuveral setup
  6. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

hustler used to have the hustler hog listed on their page, it was a single 48" blade zero discharge machine
  7. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

John Deere 4700 48hp, 4wd, with 6 ft bushhog works great for me. Just finished a 30 acre commercial that hadn't been cut in a couple of years. I don't think I would like a ztr bushhog. It would get stuck to easy, couldn't stick it under trees and into corners, and could't set it down on top of thorn trees.
  8. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep Hustler USED to make a machine called the hog it was a 4 ft machine.. Unfortunatly, it shared parts with the Shortcut machine, and now both have been discontinued.. I really want one myself. I honestly would love to develop/build a Large ZTR bushhog.. like a 15' machine.. with about 150hp and ZTR speed and manueverability.. I imagine I'm probly not the only person who'd want one like that.. :cool: