1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

does anybody not do clean ups

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by ronnie Greenwood, Apr 8, 2003.

1. ronnie Greenwood

ronnie Greenwood LawnSite Member
    from Il

I was wondering if there is anyone who don't do clean ups They seem like they take up to much of my time. The money is alright but between mowing and giving estimates the time is just not there I also think my price may be way to low on clean ups.

2. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

I think you answered your own question... raise your prices. I hated clean-ups until I tripled my prices, now they pull in good income. I dont do them for anyone other than regular maintenance customers anymore, and they all pay the "pain in the ***" premium.

3. ronnie Greenwood

from Il

I think that I might only do them only for my regular customers to what do you charge per hour or per man hour

4. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a clean up to do for a guy who has someone else mow his lawn..... (I might even get to do it if it stops F*'n snowin and rainin....... ) anyway... got talkin to him, he says yes give him a price to mow, but he's gettin a great price now to mow (didn't say what) and has used the same guy for a few years and is happy with him.....
    Now, I'm thinkin, Who's the moron who's mowing cheap and letting his customers pay someone else to clean up..... not a bad clean up...... 1/2 acre, level, not heavy leaves......:confused:

Hopefully I'll get a new regular customer from this one.... we'll see.........

5. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

yeah, we do them... at $120.00hr. :cool:

6. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

Why not do them, they are a great money maker.

7. ronnie Greenwood

from Il

at 120 an hour i should be doing them but I am piking up alot of mowing acounts I dont want my clean ups to effect my regular customers

8. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

I have a question on the 120.00 hr. do you tell the customer what you are charging an hour or do you just figure how many hours it will take and then x's that 120.00?

9. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

I tell them how much we charge an hour, then give them an estimated amount of time. :cool:

10. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

Hey that helps, I appreciate the help, I have kind of been hesitant to tell what I'm charging by the hour but I'll probably change now.