Does Anybody Use Dixion Mowers Here?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PEVO, Aug 2, 2007.

1. PEVO

PEVO LawnSite Member

I'm new here...but so far i can find NOTHING or nobody using dixion mowers here...Wassup with that? Until i bought a used hustler 60" super-Z I had(still have) a 42 inch cut early 90s model 12hp briggs powered dixion mower. Is dixion just a southern company or what?

2. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Run a search on this site for Dixon...

3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Dixon had never had a good reputation with commercial mowing contractors. Since they sold out to Husquvarna, even fewer people will probably take a chance on them. I will be surprised if that brand still exists in 5 years.
    There are a few on this site who use them, but VERY FEW.

4. Focal Point Landscapes

Focal Point Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

I have a new 36 and still have the first commercial model that Dixon made - engine just was rebuilt and the second deck is just about worn out . Both are back up mowers that don't get used every day. Dixon pioneered ZTR technology but did not improve their design and most other manufacturers passed them up. I have sentimental feelings about the brand that started it all , but they are playing catchup now and there is enormous competition - mowingman may be right about the future of this brand.

5. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

They are quite popular among LCOs here in my area. About 1/3rd or so of the LCOs here use Dixon. They have lost lots of fans here too though since they were bought out, that is for sure. Plus the dealers here for them kinda suck... I still have my 50 inch, and use it in addition to my 42" Walker I just got (the Walker is my main mower though). Dixon seems to be slowly fading away here too...

6. PEVO

PEVO LawnSite Member

Hmmm...thats the first i heard about the buyout. Here in central Tx. dixons were the mower to have years ago.(homerowers models) You didn't see any other brands other than the commercial skags. Then a few years ago there was a ztr explosion & now everybody sells ztrs(all kindsa brands) & the dixons are slowly fading away. That must explain why our local TSC now sells dixons.(because of husquvarna) TSC on carried one model..a 60" commercial job. They also carry the STRIPPED down version of the 60" bad boys. Still though ther are only a very few commercial dealers in this area such as Deere, Skag, dixie chopper, gravely, Hustler, & ferris....no exmark that i know of.

7. Mr Priceless

Mr Priceless LawnSite Senior Member

I'm the owner of a 1994 42' Dixon with the 13hp B&S with cone drive. All in all I'm satisfied with it.

8. PearceLawn

PearceLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I own the Dixon Ram Mag 50 with a 20 hp Honda. So far so good. Dealer is good as well.

9. GroundEffects125

GroundEffects125 LawnSite Senior Member

i got a dixion thats what i started with

P1010005.jpg

10. FairwayLandscape

FairwayLandscape LawnSite Member
    from LI

It runs great sooo far!