Does anybody use John Deere equipment? :/

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cheesedawg1, Oct 19, 2003.

1. Cheesedawg1

Cheesedawg1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I am farely new to this lawn cutting business stuff. After reading lawnsite days after days it seems to me that non of you guys use too much John Deere equipment? Why is that or am I wrong? Few months ago I bought a John Deere GS30 36 inch w/b for $3,000. Seems ok to me I guess? :confused: What do you guys think?

2. Cheesedawg1

Cheesedawg1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Oh by the way. I love the service and customer care they give me at my local John Deere mower shop. How are the other dealers service for other lawn care equipment companies?

3. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Deere is about all you'll see on my rig! I too am impressed by the service and customer care at my local dealer (and one on the other side of town too). Nothing against other brands, I may be buying an Exmark 32" hydro wb next season (because Deere doesn't make one). But Deere has never let me down: quality of cut, durability, realiability, and I like green and yellow. I just have confidence that they won't put their name on anything less than the best. I'd recommend Deere to anyone, assuming that you have a good dealer around.

4. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

use to have 3 F935 and 3 755 with loaders, box blade, brush hog, chipper loved them had a ton of scags too and they are much faster

5. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

I love my deere stuff. Most importantly the dealer I buy from.

I run:

757 ztrak 60"/25hp

gs30 36"/13hp

jx75 21"/6hp

(2) bp60 backpack blowers

Just picked up the z 2 days ago and I love it. I cannot believe how fast it is. Here's a pic of it:

z.jpg

6. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

My tractor and implements are green (855 4wd), everything else is red.

7. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

There's a LOT of JD used by many of the posters here, if you're looking for something particular, use the search function.

8. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

i have never used jd but this is how i see it. Thier equip is more expensive for a...... less than hardcore par? I use exmark and if you compare the two on a visual and an in depth look i think that you would see why exmark's are so big. JD has been in the commercial mower bracket for what 7 years? Exmark 27 years? Something like that. If you hired an electrician or a plumber, who would you want with that kind of years behind them?

I sell experience and tech. knowledge over my younger cheaper competition and people go with it. What woud you choose?

On a side note, if thier stand on mower were made to a higher "destruction" capability i might look at it more closely. I like the idea, but the deck was stamped to start off with. Look at thier hydro's vs exmark's. YIKES! Apples and plum seeds i guess.
    That is JMHO though so all you JD fanatics need not slam me for an opinion. I DO agree that they make relaiable tractor equipment. If i was a farmer i know where i would go first. Good compromise?:confused: :)

9. grshppr

grshppr LawnSite Senior Member

All we use is John Deere equipment. I am however a bit upset that they got rid of the commercial 21" and replaced it with the JX75. I just don't find the JX75 as rugged and reliable as the JX 85. Hopefully they put out a commercial one again, or I am going to a different brand.

10. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

I think qualitylandscaping has a ztrak. Its a beauty-you could send him a pm if you need more info.

BTW-i like you stick figure;)

good luck