Does anybody use quickbooks customer manager?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Freddy_Kruger, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm interested in opinions.

2. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

I got the free demo cd today BUT HAVE NOT HAD A CHANCE TO LOOk at it yet still trying to get QUICK BOOKS 2006 PRO up and running right now .Twj

3. RandyMidd

RandyMidd LawnSite Member

I've used it since version 1.
    I recommend reading the reviews at Amazon - taken in aggregate they're pretty negative and pretty accurate.

It doesn't sync well with QB, is unstable, and my data is a prisoner...can't export.

I'd like to switch to something else..I'm setting up QXpress now for my biz...haven't had time to check out its built-in contact manager but I have confidence in this program from what I've seen so far...I'll probably use it.

I also tried Act!...didn't like the double entry of names...even tried the Act! with the QB link - it was junk.

4. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

Lol, that's exactly what I did and they were very negative.

I was using excel but I want something better so I am going to try the outlook contact manager. Not the small business contact manager just the regular.

What do you think about that? you see I bought a palm and I am sync-ing with outlook so I have ready access to my schedule while on the road.

5. RandyMidd

Thats what I'd probably do if my application was as yours is.
    There are times when I wish my stuff was in Outlook.
    For example, I have a program that I use with my cell phone..it would allow me to import my customer and vendor name and numbers into my cell without having to enter it manually...if only I had my stuff in Outllook.
    The only reason why I don't is because I thought QBCM would have synced nicely QBs and I'd avoid double entry of customer info - wrong.
    Looking back, I never should have gotten QBCM, I would have been better off not delaying buying QX..but barring that, I think I would have done well to use Outlook.

6. marionlandscape

marionlandscape LawnSite Member

I got the program free when I purchased quickbooks. the only thing I use it for is a backup. I frequently synch it with my outlook contacts

7. RandyMidd

You're right QBCM will sync with Outlook...I remember seeing that option now...I'd for gotten all about that - I'll give it a try.

My experience so far using different programs that sync has been mixed. I won't be surprised if when I sync QBCM to Outlook then import to my Mobile Phone Tools the data is a bit messy... but it's definetly worth a try.
    Thanks for the tip.