Does anyone actually own a Gizmow?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grits, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Just curious. Does anyone actually own a Gizmow? It looks cool. I bet they are expensive. Anybody demo one? See one in person? Anything?

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i saw one and drove it at the 2005 Expo in Louisville . very weird machine
  3. Mow"N"Bud

Mow"N"Bud LawnSite Member

As a previous post said. I also saw and drove one at the Expo in Louisville. He is right a very weird machine. Also you set up very high on the machine, forget about getting under trees with low hanging limbs. It did seem well built, but it had way too many negatives for me, and they were a bit pricey compared to other mowers with the same HP, cut size and quality. It may be great if you have and employee who can't use the handles very well on a ZTR :dizzy: it would be cheaper to just let them go, and save yourself some $$$$$. From experience I can say every once in a while some one actually comes out with a better or improved product in this line of work, but you have to go thru hundreds to fine the one or two.
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

what is it?
  5. Daneman

Daneman LawnSite Member

They are a sponsor here, and have their own forum
  6. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

Saw one my self last year at my dealer, They were drag racing it against a turf tiger in the parking lot and yes the gizmow got beat hands down . Very weird looking machine . I cant see how this one will be around very long unless they cheapen them up and start selling to the homeowner.