1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Does anyone charge extra for dog dodo.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by HDB LAWN CARE, Jan 25, 2006.

HDB LAWN CARE LawnSite Member

Brother and I are starting new business. If we quote a job, should we charge additional if they have pets. Do we offer to pick it up for a fee. Or should we request they have it up before we start.:blob4:
  2. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

If you don't mind dog crap, charge to pick it up.
    I personally don't deal with customers that have this issue. If they don't care enough to pick up the crap before you get there, then they are not going to care to pay on time or just be a pita.

3. hobbsd

hobbsd LawnSite Senior Member
    from west wi

I charge $5 per job if the yard is excessively bad
  4. Maitland Man

Maitland Man LawnSite Member

do you just cut over it for that extra five?:waving:

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

I only had 1 problem with someone. Never picked it up. the yard smelled bad
    I said no more for that and other reasons. By the way - dog do, enclosed trailer, and heat do not mix.
    I fit were a OK place and well feed dogs I think I would charge for it.
  6. CleanCutLawns

CleanCutLawns LawnSite Member

I just sent out a notice to my customers that a $5 clean up fee would be charged per visit if yard is not clear of pet droppings. I had one customer that always has poop in their backyard and I pulled up to his house this morning, went to the back and guess what..........no more poop. I guess he did'nt want to pay the extra 5 bucks a visit.payup

Oh and yeah, all I do is run over the S*@t and keep on going. Then when I am done I use their hose on their lawn to clean up my mower and boots. :gunsfirin

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

thats all we do too charge a cleaning fee just like a property that has excessive trash
  8. ArkansasLawns

ArkansasLawns LawnSite Member

I have it listed in my contract with the townhouses I do that I will charge them $10 if I have to clean it up so I can mow with out spreading it everywhere. Only had to charge it once and on only one yard. These yards were fenced and about 24 by 24. The guy had three big dogs and a small one. He fed them the cheapest food and you know how runny that is. Stink to high heaven. I made them clean it up before I would even do the first cut.
  9. Prideland

Prideland LawnSite Member

My father in law was working in the Traverse City area of MI. and there was a guy running around town just cleaning up peoples back yards of doggie doo. Father asked how much he charged and he said 20.00 a week. He would also throw a little seed once in while and rack the nastier scenes. Guy said he was doin pretty good. Had a truck, a rake, and two five gallon buckets. Pretty cheap startup there.
  10. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

I was thinking about charging for dog dumpin' too. I get really pissed when my equipment gets poop all over it.:realmad: :nono: