does anyone clean gutters

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by B&B LAWN, Oct 2, 2003.

1. B&B LAWN

B&B LAWN LawnSite Senior Member

do any of you clean gutters and if so what are your average rates

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

yup clean them, but am going to get out of it...not too many of my employees enjoy going onto the roofs and it was one of their concerns that was brought up in our last meeting

3. STAN1366

STAN1366 LawnSite Senior Member

Yes I do. It averages anywhere between $30 -$75 a house. Depends on height, length of gutters, etc. My family wants me to give up doing it since I'll be turning 50 in a few weeks and there's been a few times where I've come close to falling. Last year I did once. Luckily it was only 1 story.:sleeping:

4. Haley Lawn Care

Haley Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from NC

I clean gutters in the slow months. Usually thats Dec. Jan. and Feb. I used to do all no matter what. 1 story 2 story. Even had to rent longer ladders for some 2 story houses. Now if I cant reach it with my 24 ft ladder it does not get done. I advertise all 1 story and some 2 story. I also had to jump off once when my ladder begin to fall to the right. No damage done to me or the property but it was scary. Also I now check 2 or 3 times to make sure the ladder is not goung to start moving once I get on it. You know go up 2 or 3 rungs and jump on it to see if the gruond is solid. That way you are only about 4 ft off the ground.

David :)

5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Here is a quote from this site.

"Gutter Guys' gutter cleaning prices begin at $75.00 for smaller homes and go higher depending on a number of variables, i.e. height of house, roof slope, size of house, etc.."

6. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

$65 1 story & $75 2 Story Very High 2 Storys $105

7. STAN1366

STAN1366 LawnSite Senior Member

Guess it's time for a price increase for my accounts!!!

8. mower_babe

mower_babe LawnSite Senior Member

per hourly fee. minimum 1 hr charge. back pack blower then use hose to ensure drops are clean.

9. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Does that involve a ladder? . . .nope, not me! Walking around 10, 15, 25 feet up on a slippery slope with a backpack blower is just not a good idea (especially trying to climb down with a backpack). Not to mention I don't like to crawl on my hands and knees next the edge to clean the gutters themselves. I'll just have to leave that money on the table.

10. mower_babe

mower_babe LawnSite Senior Member

oh, I am sorry - didnt specify --I HATE heights -I don't do it - I am chicken-shlt. My hubby and the mower boys do it. I did it ONE time about 4 years ago, --I wuz soo skeered!! --and when I think about it now- my hands get sweaty. :eek: