does anyone cut townhouses?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by B&B LAWN, Jun 19, 2003.

1. B&B LAWN

B&B LAWN LawnSite Senior Member

how much do you all charge to cut townhomes? about 2 weeks ago i went into a neighborhood with townhomes and put up business cards on peoples mailboxes. keep in mind these are small yards. takes anywhere from 10 -15 minutes to mow, weed eat edge. im charging between 8 and 12 dollars a yard. does this seem about right. ive gotten a lot of response. does this mean im not charging enough

2. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

If you can make a profit on what you are charging then you would be doing okay... right?

Try to make $1 per minute

3. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

:eek:

Charge AT LEAST $15 a cut,

as Lawn-Scapes said go for at least $1 per minute.

4. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

It all depends on what you need to make to cover your expenses and make a profit. townhouses can be some quick money if you line enough of them up together.

Gravely_Man

5. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

if they are townhouses that 9 times out of 10 they are controled by an assosiation, which means they will most likly hire one company to to all of them. so if u see the same lines on all of them then dont bother to flyer...just a tip

6. ULTIMATE LAWN

ULTIMATE LAWN Banned
    from AL

We do 150 townhouses in a row at $8 a pop.

Wiped out the competion that was charging $15.

7. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Ultimate - Why soooo low. You could increase your price by 50% and still be significantly lower. You're leaving a lot of money on the table!

8. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Ultimate,
    What town are you in?? Do you have any pics of all those 150 townhouses you do?

9. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, I say buck a minute here even if it's $10-$15 you'll still be the best rate around...$8 come on I know they are close but $2 more dollars each ain't gonna break their banks and it will help your bottom line especially if you get the whole street.

10. B&B LAWN

B&B LAWN LawnSite Senior Member

THE REASON I AM CHARGING $8 IS BECAUSE THE LAWN SERVICE THAT DOES SOME OF THEM NOW CHARGES $9