Does anyone drive a newer Dodge Ram

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by jim163, Mar 27, 2008.

1. jim163

jim163 LawnSite Member

Does anyone have reliability issues with their newer dodge ram 1500 with the hemi?

2. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

my dad has one and i believe it is pushing 150k no serious problems biggest thing i know of was the blower motor went bad last summer. just stay up on the maintenance and these trucks will last for a long time

3. jbannick18

jbannick18 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a client who has a dodge 1500 w/ hemi and he gets 9 mpg. W/ gas nowadays it is seriously something to consider.

4. TPS

TPS LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I have an 06 4x4 quad cab hemi. I get 14-15 city and 17-19 highway. If hes only getting 9 mpg he must be pulling some series weight. I only have 40K miles on mine, but no major issues yet. Truck has plenty of power, even with a yard of top soil in the back. Just watch your stopping distance. Overall, great truck. I was considering getting a diesel but diesel is a $1 a gallon more here.

5. jbannick18

jbannick18 LawnSite Senior Member

sad thing is that he doesn't pull anything I believe its an 05. Orlando is tons of stop and go. He said he used to get 17 highway though

6. TPS

from NJ

That stinks. Makes sence tho, hes always running on 8 cylinders as opposed to my 4 cy highway mileage. And hes in a lot more heat then up here.

7. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Hell now dodge gets the best mpg then the others with the new designed hemi. The interior isn't as nice as others but its still ok. You can get a new quad cab Ram with the hemi for only $23K now. Plus that lifetime powertrain warranty is awesome.

8. elite lawns

elite lawns LawnSite Senior Member

i have a 08, pull great, great truck

9. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

02, CTD 13-16MPG, city or Highway regardless of weight, I sold my Dodge 2500 Hemi gasburner for an 02 Cummins ISB. Diesel is 147,000 BTU's vs gasoline 135,000 BTU's. So keep thinking, a Hemi is a better choice. also Dodge builds their CTD model trucks with heavy duty front end suspensions due to the extra weight of the CTD. Even with diesel reaching 3.85 a gallon, I m seeing a $1,000 dollar savings in fuel a month switching to diesel.

10. TPS

from NJ

I hoping for a nice 09 diesel when the new body style comes out.