Does anyone else HATE their enclosed trailer?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by K&L Landscaping, Mar 14, 2012.

1. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I bought a 8.5x20 V-Nose about 3 weeks ago and I absolutely HATE it!! Pain in the neck to fill the mowers up, pain in the neck to maneuver and the list goes on. The only thing I like about it is that it keeps my equipment out of the weather, that's it.

I will be buying another open trailer ASAP, enclosed trailers are way overrated IMO.
  2. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

If you hate it that much, I have a nice lonngggggg driveway you can drop it off in. I would be more than happy to help absorb your pain.
  3. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

man, I'm sorry about that! I have had buyers remorse so many times!!!it does hurt!
  4. psdnate

psdnate LawnSite Member

I'll trade you my open for your enclosed!
  5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I love my enclosed. They are not for everbody. Wht size trailer did u pull, prior to buying the enclosed? It takes some time to get used to the wide trailer being behing you. I don't fuel mowers in the trailers, due to safety. Now I can parrallel park my 8.5x18' enclosed with my dually.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

I have enclosed and open. Just started another 18' open this year. Didn't want to spend the money on enclosed. Worked it yesterday and thought when I get home, I will look for another enclosed. I just feel safer with the equipment being locked up. Working a 2 man crew, standard rule someone in front all times. I look up helper in back yard with me. Thought going threw my mind, someone taking blowers or weedeaters. It's not I work in high crime areas, but crime comes to you. Good luck and post pics and how much you want for the trailer. 20' is a long trailer for me though.
  7. davidcalhoun

davidcalhoun LawnSite Bronze Member

Pain in the neck to fill up mowers VS storage, security and having a moving billboard.

It's all about what works for you.
  8. waters lawn care

waters lawn care LawnSite Member
    from alabama

I installed a fueling door on mine in the middle on the left side made fueling so much easier.
  9. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

That's what we did, two fuel doors, works great.

We have a open and a enclosed, can't beat the enclosed for the mowing route. Been using ours for about 6 years, love it.

Give it time, I think you will like it once you get adjusted to it.
  10. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Another reason why I love my enclosed. Just dropped off $2k worth of plants to a jobsite, for install in the morning. Dropped the trailer, locked everything up all secure. Can't do that with an open trailer.
    Posted via Mobile Device