Does anyone else here blow before they mow?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by metalsmythe, Aug 7, 2012.

1. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

that guys gotta have a hellava time explaining to his wife why he is sending text messages to customers asking if they want justablow :nono:

2. TMlawncare

TMlawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Funny, one of the best posts in a long time.

3. Outlawn

Outlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Got a couple properties that I blow before I mow. Lots of mesquite doppings and leaves in the street, so if I wait until after I mow, it leaves an unfinished (and unprofessional) appearance.

4. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

thanks, I get a good one every so often--volume is the key--

checkout the guys website www.justablow.com and the sister site www.justsomeblow.com

5. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

No doubt!
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Damian

Damian LawnSite Member

You have to ask yourself this: "When I get through mowing/edging/trimming and it's time to blow off the debris, is it going to look better or worse when done?"

Yeah, it stinks having to blow off a property twice - especially when suffering from pains of any kind - but it's worse to skip the first blow off, and then realize all those <fill in the leaf type> make the lawn look like crap once blown back onto the lawn.

When I was mowing, I mistook the amount of leafs and the impact they would have on the lawn a few more times than I would have liked.

7. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

I've been thinking about this thread nearly every time I mow lately.

8. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Sometimes I just walk thru the yard figuring if it needs blown first or mowed first.

9. trooper8870

trooper8870 LawnSite Member

I will blow the property first when there are leaves on the ground. Fall and spring. In my experiance it leaves the property looking worse than it was before you started. If you are doing a mulching or bagging job then you are being compensated for the extra time spent to blow first anyway, right?

10. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

Is that a long-winded form of code says you got fired?