Does ANYONE enjoy trimming shrubs?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1MajorTom, Jul 8, 2004.

1. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

bobbygedd in a recent post asks, "why on earth would anybody ONLY CUT GRASS?"
    The answer, cause it's easy. Why on earth would anyone want to trim shrubs/hedges do all the cleanup that's involved, when cutting grass is so easy? We did a trim job today, and it just plain sucked!!!! Why then did we do it? ONLY because it's now july, and we skipped 2 lawns today that are slowing up, so now is the time to add in the extra work. But given the choice between cutting grass and trimming shrubs, we will choose cutting grass ANY day of the week. Here are some pics.

kasiovichbefore1.jpg

2. 1MajorTom

kasiovichafter1.jpg

3. 1MajorTom

kasiovichbefore2.jpg

4. 1MajorTom

kasiovichafter2.jpg

5. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I hear ya Jodi, I feel the same way. I only do the extras because they are the money makers but there's nothing easier than cutting lawns.

6. 1MajorTom

kasiovichafter3.jpg

7. 1MajorTom

kasiovichbefore4.jpg

8. 1MajorTom

kasiovichafter4jpg.jpg

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Nice pics Jodi...I love pruning in the summer months. I finally get those big Toro Groundsmasters out from underneath my fat rear for a while until September or so and do some real work for a change.

Plus, like your pictures show, it's so nice to see what a difference you can make in just a few hours on someone's home. Great thread btw...

10. sprout

sprout LawnSite Member

:blob2: Yesterday my wife and I did a hedge job, 1 hour and 40 min. start to finish. I was soaked from sweat, her back was killing her from all the raking and picking up of debris. Today I was one sore guy from that power trimmer. We hate to trim anything.