Does anyone fit 2 ztr's and a walkbehind on a 7x16?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TheKingNJ, Jan 17, 2005.

1. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a bran new enclosed 7x16 haulmark last year (not expecting to expand as much as i am) and now in the spring I will be buying another rider. I have a 52" scag WB and a 60" ferris is3000 rider. I plan on getting another 60" rider in the spring, but since i've never had 2 riders i don't know if i will be able to fit another in my trailer, and i won't be getting my other rider untill a few weeks into the season.

So should I start looking for another trailer now, or do anyone fit similar mowers on a trailer that size? thanks.

2. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

36" scag WB
    48" Scag Z
    52" Scag Z

All on a 16' x 6'8" trailer

3. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

My Wright rep brought us a 60" Sentar, 52" Stander, and a 48" Velke mower , all in a 16' enclosed trailer, with room to spare...not exactly Z's, but you get the idea..

4. afftandem

afftandem LawnSite Member

No, you wont....ck the specs on the websites.. gives you the lenghts of the vehicles.. in this case.. no its not goin to happen.. this is an advantage for the wright sentar.. their 61" is 70"length.... 2 together is less than 12ft and gives you an extra 4' to work with in a 16' trailer. and if youre using the 52" sentars it gives you 5' to work with (which would be perfect for a stander)

5. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

you should be able to fit 2 riders and a wb on an open trailer but i doubt an enclosed one

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

It depends on how long your new mower will be. I can get both of my Dixies on my 12 foot trailer but Dixies are the shortest mowers you can buy at 75 inches. Your Ferris is 81 inches long and that puts you at a disadvantage to begin with. Walkbehind mowers are actually pretty long even if you can get part of another mower under the handlebars. Usually you turn a walkbehind sideways to save room but in your case the mower turned sideways is at least 52 inches and that's too wide to fit. If I were you I would go to the dealer you intend to buy the mower from and see if you can get all 3 mowers in your trailer. I have a feeling that you will be looking for a longer trailer.