Does anyone have a deep lake to pitch my Scag in?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JLC, Jul 13, 2001.

1. JLC

JLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

Went out to check air pressure on the Scag today. On top of a poor discharging deck, wheel motors going out, hydro pumps going out...now my FRAME IS CRACKED. Please, does anyone else have trouble with this with their mowers? I seriously think we need to come up with a list of every brand of mower we use and simply post the problem we have is we have one. The manufacturers can read it and we professionals can read it. Maybe this would give a little more incentive for them to put out good products and revise them when they fail. It would also be good for buyers to have factual information before they spend upwards of 10,000 bucks. I don't know about you guys, but that is a chunk to spend on a piece of junk. Man am I tired of this mower. Comments welcome.

2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I had a big problem with a Kohler 25 on a Walker. I had it fixed over and over and finally I bought a Toro 44" Proline to back me up. Shortly thereafter I traded it in ( dealer had it sold for me) and I bought a new 2000 Walker 26EFI. I have not had one problem with it in over 400 hours.

I know how extremely frustrating it is to have problems with expensive equipment. The best you can do is vent here and write letters and scream at the manufacturer. It doesn't always work but its worth a try.
    Good Luck.

3. JLC

from IA

FYI

I only have 345 hours on it.

4. Chopper Lover

Chopper Lover LawnSite Senior Member

JLC...

Any chance your state "Lemon" laws would apply in a situation like this?

Something to look into...

Mark

5. you probably bought a mower the same day i did

i bought a ransome bobcat that had the same problems till i pawned it off to some one else

However the lemon law didn't work on that one it did on 3 ferris W/B's

LOOK into it. call a lawyer Phone calls free repairs cost more than the bill

hope you get the POS fix or find a deep lake and drive it in and maby get some ins out of it (just kidding)

LGF:angry:

6. You don't have filled solid tires on that Scag do you? That'd give you all those symptoms.
    I just pulled a pair of foam filled 23x8.50x12's off of a used mower I bought. It was like taking an ass kicking to ride that thing. It's no wonder the mower only had a few hours on it. I couldn't believe the weight of those tires. I had to roll one into the bathroom in the house to weigh it. It weighs 90 pounds!
    I'd give 'em to anybody who'd come and get 'em.
    Dave

7. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Had a problem with a Walker JLC. Took 2 1/2 years before I got things sorted out. All I can tell you is good luck and document everything about the mower and who you talk to at the dealer. People have a way of forgetting things.

8. cp

cp LawnSite Senior Member

Smith Mountain Lake, Virginia.

It is 200 feet deep at the Dam. That should take care of your missery.:blob3: :blob1: :blob4:

9. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

We have a little pond just east of us called Lake Michigan that is a bit closer. :)

I feel for you since I had a lot of problems with my previous brand. :(

10. JLC

from IA

Worst part is that all of the brands I'd like to give a try and most likely purchase don't have local dealers. The dealers are about 45 minutes away, maybe that's not a big deal. I'd love to try the Dixie Chopper, Exmark, especially the Hustler Z's. What to do, what to do.