1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Does anyone have a Faver grapple?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by minimax, Oct 17, 2010.

1. minimax

minimax LawnSite Senior Member

Looking at a faver 759x brush grapple,does anybody have one or looked at one,How well are they build. They gave me a price of 4k for one.
    http://faverinc.com/X%20Series.htm

Minimax

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

I have a bradco and the thing is a beast. I wouldn't trade it for the world and I didn't pay shet for it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

That does not look that heavily built to me. Used on a smaller loader it might be fine I guess. Certainly not worth 4K in my view. Don't know about what others do with with them but I have found myself with a 40' pine hanging out the end of the grapple (putting great stress on the grapple) on some of these clearing jobs. I have also used them on concrete demo jobs so in my view the heavier the better.

I have this grapple that I use for clearing brush and trees.

http://www.quick-attach.com/attachments/tinegrapple/

This thing so far has been indestructible.

4. minimax

P.Services I have been looking for a used 78" bradco grapple for a few years and have not found one,and a new one is 5k plus shipping.Ksss I tought the faver looks petty heavy build,it weighs 1043 lbs and 1" tines made of AR400 steel vs Quick-attach grapple weighs 900 lbs and has 3/4" tines made of T-1.
    Is there some thing I'm missing ?.

minimax

5. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

The Faver does not gusset as heavy as does the Quick Attach although the tines are heavier so maybe a wash. The overall weight is not as applicable due to the design differences. The Faver has more times (8" apart verse 12" on the QA). I don't like not having the back open. Branches and limbs poke through the bucket and stab at hyd lines, hyd coupler lines and such. Not sure AR400 would be the best choice for the tines since these tines would be better off to give some, AR400 does not give it breaks or cracks, it wears very well. I will say that it is built heavier than it looks after looking at the specs than just looking at the photo.

6. nedly05

nedly05 LawnSite Senior Member

http://www.anbomanufacturing.com/RockRootTree.html

I have this type, it may not be what you are looking for but I am very happy with it. I think for this type application the AR-400 is OK, I have bent a tine on mine and it shows no signs of breaking. What I like about this one is I can clean up with it, just open up the grapple and use it like a root rake, you can also use the top section as a rake while backing up.

7. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

8. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I like how far down the Faver grapples go down, you can back drag the claws through the soil and rake backwards.

9. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

I was looking at the spec's on that it says it is built out of T1 steel not AR400 there is a difference the AR is wear resistant and T1 is a high strength it is somewhat wear resistant but it doesn't crack it will bend and flex.

Truck frames are made from T1 look at a truck frame it bends and twists and springs back usually.

As for the price ya I can see it being 4000 dollars the cost of steel isn't cheap it is constructed out of 3/4 inch T1.

10. minimax

Here are some pics of the faver grapple I got. So far I love this thing.
    DSCN0970.jpg

DSCN0971.jpg

DSCN0972.jpg

DSCN0979.jpg
    minimax

DSCN0970.jpg

DSCN0971.jpg

DSCN0972.jpg

DSCN0979.jpg