does anyone have a garbage billy goat power vac?

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by instyle, Apr 10, 2007.

1. instyle

instyle LawnSite Senior Member
    from Canada

I bought a Billy Goat power Vacuum last year, I bought the moel with the chipper built in, but after using it all year, I now wish I never had the chipper....the blade is just way to heavy for the motor.
    I am looking for an impeller of a differant one...with out the chipper option.
    Thanks

2. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

this doesnt really belong in the pictures forum, does it?

3. instyle

from Canada

haha, while I was veiwing some of your pics I had a great thought....I will try to buy an old garbage billy goat. Not even thinking I was in the pics forum still. OOPS!!

4. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

What size engine do you have on it? I have a cub chipper vac w/9hp commercial engine and it does ok with smaller branches but most of the time I just use it as a vac.

5. instyle

from Canada

i only have I 5 hp on it. I have never used the chipper and prob never will. But the sheer weight of the chipper/impeller makes it very hard to start and takes about 15 seconds to turn off. The machine is way underpowered.

6. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

Have you tried taking the blades/anvils off to reduce weight? And if you are using it as a vac only the extra weight should be a good thing, right? Yes, once it bogs down it takes a little bit longer to get it back up to speed but the extra initial inertia should make it harder to bog down in the first place.