Does anyone have a KRB700B Kawi Backpack Blower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerman90, May 3, 2002.

1. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, I know the Redmax 7000 is more powerful. Yes, I know the EB630 Shindawia is more powerful. But the last 2 backpacks I've owned have been Stihl BR400's with the throttle on the tube and I really doubt if I can get used to the throttle being on the other side like the Redmax and the Shindawia. So I'm looking for the next most powerful blower out there. Lesco has the Kawasaki KRB700B for $444.99 and I didn't think that was too bad. My question is: do any of you have this blower? If so, how has it held up for you? Any problems?
  2. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't own this blower but I have tried it out for a day. I liked it very much. The engine, at idle, is very quiet and not too loud at full throttle compared to my BR400. The power is very impressive (again compared to my BR400). The tube felt like it was going to rip right out of my hand. The only drawback was price ($814 Canadain vs $699 for an Echo PB650 or Shindaiwa EB630). Kawasaki makes very good products so I don't think you'd go wrong. You may also look at the Echo PB650. You can get a tube mounted throttle for it. Good luck
  3. GCS LawnService

GCS LawnService LawnSite Member

I just purchased a John Deere BP60 with a Kawasaki engine and it is very powerful. I paid $430.00 and got a free hat and a tank of fuel. Do not know if the BP60 is compatable with the Kawasaki you are asking about but I hope this helps.

4. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a KRB700, an Echo PB 60 HT, and a Stihl BR 400. The BR 400 is the least troublesome, Echo is a very solid (and Heavy) Unit and the Kawi is the least reliable by far. The Kawi is a little stronger than the other 2 but I dropped the Kawi (because the backstrap was not attached right initally) and it cracked the air filter housing. The on/off switch also broke on it. The Kawi is the quietest and smoothest running and Lesco provides great service but my Stihl hasn't needed service for over 4 years.
  5. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

John Deere BP60?

I have never heard of that model? Is it new? I have only heard of the BP40 and BP50.
  6. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I have the KRB 700. I Bought mine last Spring, and it still starts on the first pull. I like it very much. The only draw backs are that the hose clamp wasn't very good, but I replaced it with an Automotive clamp and it works great now. The other problem is the straps like to come unhooked when not in use. I normally just throw it over one shoulder, but when I my shoulder startes to get tired and I decide to reach around to put the other strap on my other shoulder, it will be unhooked. I would still recommend this blower to anyone. The problems I mentioned are minor.

7. GCS LawnService

The BP60 is new and John Deere is calling their new line of blowers and trimmers the Pro Series. The new line of JD equipment seems to be very impressive.
  8. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

GCS Lawn Care,

What are the specs on that John Deere BP60 blower? (i.e. horspower, air volume, speed etc.) It is not on John Deere's website.
  9. LJ lawn

LJ lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

i bought a new redmax and thought the same about getting used to the throttle control. that lasted till about the second time i strapped it on and thought-" why the heck didn't i buy one of these sooner"?. much easier to use. i had the model made be windmill/vandermolen. it's almost exactly the same as -(landscapers supply,kawi,john deere)i had to order some parts for mine and it took forever to get,i had to buy the redmax because it took too long to get the of the problems is the on/off switch.poor quality and you can't get em when it breaks.i'll sell you my slightly used one if you want it.
  10. GCS LawnService

The specifications for the John Deere BP60:
    Engine CC's are 59.2, windspeed 201 mph, cfm's w/o tubes 700, cfm's w/tubes approximately 500 and the unit weighs 24 lbs.